Search results

1. F

Led recommendation for 24x24x14 frag tank

What led fixture do you recommend for a neo nano 34gallon with the above dimensions? I plan to use the tank as a frag tank or grow out tank. My top picks right now are the hydra or radion gen 3. Not the pro. I just don't know if it's worth spending the extra money on the radion. Matt
  2. F

Need help choosing LEDs for Red Sea 650

We are in the process of changing out the lighting on our Red Sea 650s. The tank runs very hot with 800 watts of t5 lighting and all of the pumps. In pricing out bulbs over the next few years, we believe that we would spend just as much money on t5 replacement bulbs as we would on LEDs. Every...
  3. F

Need Help Choosing LEDs for 650

We are in the process of changing out the lighting on our Red Sea 650s. The tank runs very hot with 800 watts of t5 lighting and all of the pumps. In pricing out bulbs over the next few years, we believe that we would spend just as much money on t5 replacement bulbs as we would on LEDs. Every...
  4. F

Coral ID

I need help identifying a coral. We bought it at a big sale at an lfs last weekend. The place was packed and we had a ton of stuff we were buying so I can't remember the name. I need to know what it is so I can get it in the right spot in our tank. It's starting to turn white in some spots. It...
  5. F

Chiller on Red Sea 650

I have a question for all the 650 peeps about your chillers. We have a 1/3 hp jbj chiller being fed by a mag18 pump. The pump supplies water to the chiller and the biopellet reactor. There are ball valves that control the flow to each component. My question is, how long should the chiller run...
  6. F

Filter socks

Has anyone ever ordered filter socks from filterbag.com? They sell the 4" 100 micron sock for 2.76 each. Minimum purchase of 25. We currently use 200 micron socks. Is 100 micron going to clog up to quickly?
  7. F

Red Sea max 130d for sale

We recently upgraded to the Red Sea 650 so we no longer need the old cube. I say old, but its less than a year old. We purchased this tank back in march to see if this was a hobby we really wanted to get into. Obviously we are into the hobby now since we bout a 175 gallon aquarium to replace...
  8. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

We just got into the hobby a little less than a year ago. Our first tank was a 130d. We love the tank but decided we need a bigger tank. At Macna we fell in love with the metallic red 650 that was on display we also spent a ton of time at the booth admiring the tank. On Monday we walked into a...
  9. F

650 Auto Top off Leak

Last night I put about 4 gallons of water in the ato before my wife noticed it was leaking at the two slots in the cap where the reservoir is connected to the tube going down to the sump. After draining and soaking up water for 30 minutes, I took off the cap to make sure everything was ok. The...
  10. F

Registration of Red Sea 650

I am trying to register our new 650 to replace the 130d. Does anyone know where the "hood serial number" is located? My wife found the tank number on the back but we cannot locate the hood number. Thanks for your help.
  11. F

Max 130d biomedia

Our nitrates have risen a bit in the past few weeks. Between 30 & 40 ppm. I have read that the biomedia (our bag of stones that came withe the red sea max) can cause elevated nitrate levels. Several people have stated that they do not like to use any kind of rock or stone in their filtration...