Search results

1. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

We are gradually moving livestock from our frag tank to the display tank and our tank at school. I have a breeder that wants to buy our black stubby clowns. Hoping to have the frag tank taken down by the em of the week. We are tired of dealing with people. They tell you they want to buy...
  2. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

We would have to work out the details. I assume the clock starts when they leave. They will have about 40 minutes to our house. About 35 to the new house from there. He said they will move as much as they can. Said they do everything. Aqua scape to. To me spending 700 bucks to not have to move...
  3. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

We made the decision today to keep our Red Sea when we move. Does 125 an hour seem reasonable to bag everything up, move it to the new site, set it up completely...rock, fish, corals, everything? He estimates that it would probably take 5-6 hours.
  4. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

I will say that the big tank has been easy to clean. Pump and dump. We pump 25-30 out once a week into the kitchen sink. Then pump out of a trash can into the tank. Takes about 15 minutes total. Never clean the glass.
  5. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Easier said than done. Accidents happen
  6. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Problem with putting anything under the tank is if you ever have a spill, it doesn't allow for drying. The moisture gets trapped under the plywood. We have ours on bamboo floors. I'm scared to see what it looks like under it. Lol
  7. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Lol. I wish. We are actually considering getting out and doing a koi pond. Force us outside. I'm also scared to put the tank on our hand scraped solid wood floors. Lol
  8. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Haven't posted in awhile. A lot has happened over the past few months. We are currently building a house and having to make the hard decision of whether to keep our tanks or not. I really don't want to move it and could use the money right now to help out with new house stuff. Anyone have any...
  9. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

We have been battling cyano for awhile now. So last weekend I plumbed the biopellets outflow directly into the protein skimmer. I was reading that if the biopellet outflow doesn't get skimmed well enough that it can increase cyano production. Also, by doing this it increased my flow into the...
  10. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Got the reefbreeders LEDs installed today. Hung them from the ceiling. So far we like the way they look. Matt
  11. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Been awhile since I posted. Quick update. Cyano is back. I've started treating with cyano clean. Kind of pricey but thought I'd try it. You just dose and run normally. My wife and I just got a frag tank set up. It is tied in to the dt. We plumbed it off the main return pump where most do the...
  12. F

Led recommendation for 24x24x14 frag tank

Any of you have any experience with the reef breeders fixtures? They are definitely attractive because of the pricing. Matt
  13. F

Led recommendation for 24x24x14 frag tank

What led fixture do you recommend for a neo nano 34gallon with the above dimensions? I plan to use the tank as a frag tank or grow out tank. My top picks right now are the hydra or radion gen 3. Not the pro. I just don't know if it's worth spending the extra money on the radion. Matt
  14. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Tank is still looking good after using chemiclean. Did a 25 gallon water change today and will test everything tomorrow. I also have a Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump I have to get set up this week sometime. When should I dose? Should I just have it dose alk, ca, and mg throughout the day and...
  15. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

I honestly can't remember. Everything was still looking fine on Friday when we left for the weekend. We will see how it's going today when we get home. Matt
  16. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

I'm also due for adding more pellets soon it could be why our phosphates have gone up a small bit. Matt
  17. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

I can't remember how it all works. I'm pretty sure the pellets consume nitrates and phosphates to grow the bacteria. Running GFO and pellets is counterproductive. I was thinking the bacteria that consumes the phosphates and nitrates had to be skimmed out. I can't remember. I just know they work...
  18. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Another note on using chemiclean and bio pellets. Our phosphates were measurable after using the chemiclean. .04-.06 range. I think it's because the skimmer was turned off and was not skimming. I will retest in a few days when my skimmer settles down. Matt
  19. F

The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Update on the cyano. It seems to be better. There is still some on the sand that I missed when vacuuming. But it is not growing anymore. The nano looks so much better. Hopefully it stays gone. I upped the rate of flow in the nano in hopes that this will fix the problems we've had. We still have...