Search results

1. R.yumaDaddy?

I have jellies?

What is this? Pics are crappy but in the center is an umbrella like jelly fish, I think. I've seen around a dozen in the past week. Sometimes the jellies are resting and others swimming in a pulse like fashion. They are only a few mm in size. Not the best of descriptions but will answer any...
  2. R.yumaDaddy?

20L Pump Size

Im helping a friend with the setup of a 20 long reef connected to a 10 gal sump. Were uncertain of what size (gph) pump to use for 4 1/2" outlets in the main tank, considering normal head loss. The pumps were looking at are either a Mag 3, 5, or valved down 7. Any sug's. The tank will house a...
  3. R.yumaDaddy?

RO psi

At what psi should I set my Kent Hi-s (2 chambered). Currently at 34psi and I know I can go over 65 if necessary? THANKS
  4. R.yumaDaddy?

Reef store locater

Check out what I found!!!!!! http://zoyzoy.com/aquarium/aquariumstoresmap.asp?Zip=08610&Size=800
  5. R.yumaDaddy?

Unique Shrooms"

Unique Shrooms? I was just wondering if this type of Discmosa was recognized as anything different scientifically from the common mushrooms? Are they rare? They have strange Ricordea like bumps which prompted me to purchase them ($24). I've seem ones like this before in pics here...
  6. R.yumaDaddy?

Heater Problem

My Won Bros digital titanium heater (250 wt) is reading 86 deg. on the display and the actual temp is 78( taken by pin point) Normal temp is 80. I've had the same problem with the same model heater in the 350 wt on a different tank that read 143 deg. Basically the temperature reading abilities...
  7. R.yumaDaddy?

Get Crab out of LR

Quick question... How do I get a hitchiker crab out of a piece of LR? I have the basket ball sized piece in a bucket of fresh water. The rock has some common brown mushrooms on it, will they survive? The crab is completely wedged into the innardes of the LR and I want him out alive. Thanks for...
  8. R.yumaDaddy?

OT: Whats in a Name?

This may have been done here before but anyways... What dose everyones user name mean or stand for?
  9. R.yumaDaddy?

How many LFS in day?

Ok.. I'm sure we got some real LFS addicts around here so whats the most you've been to in a day. Everything counts from ILC to walmart fish isle. list em' if you want... I think us NYC area folks should post some real big numbers here.
  10. R.yumaDaddy?

Silly crab, Zoas are for rocks

Look closely. I got a good laugh at this one. http://www.sharkysreef.com/catalog/popup_image_mp.php?pID=1880&image=0 hope the link works ooopps try this one again http://www.sharkysreef.com/catalog/popup_image_mp.php?pID=1880&image=0
  11. R.yumaDaddy?

T5 on T12 ballast

Will t5's run off an advanced t12 ballast? Id like to wire a better balast into a cheap corallife t5 fixture. thanks all
  12. R.yumaDaddy?

Sps Id

Purchased as Goniopora... obviously not. Im thinking Montipora or Leptastrea. Payed 30$ for it, so it was a good deal no matter what it it.Placed it too close and got its but kicked by a Lobophyllia if that helps. THANKS ALL
  13. R.yumaDaddy?

WebCam Reef

Does anyone have any info or experience on using web cams as a reef baby-sitter? I'm leaving my reef in my girlfriends care while on summer break and was thinking of using a web cam to keep a close eye on the two most important things/people in my life.;)
  14. R.yumaDaddy?

Ice Cap Vortech vs. Tunze

Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide on a, well two pumps for my AGA 110 gal in progress. It will be sps dominated w/ T5 8x54watt. I'm looking at either two Ice Cap EcoTech Vortech pumps or the Tunze Turbelle Stream Kit TS21. Which do you prefer/ recommend, for this setup? Thanks for all input.
  15. R.yumaDaddy?

High Salinity Concerns

I just acquired an Aqua-mate digital Temp/SG/salinity meter and calibrated it correctly,twice. I've been using (for almost a year) a cheap coralife deep six (plastic needle type meter). Using this I assumed my salinity to be between 34 and 36 ppt. But now that I'm testing with my new gadget it...
  16. R.yumaDaddy?

T5 Lighting Concept

I'm looking for a T5 setup for an AGA 110 gal 48x18x30 lwh. I was just brain storming and am looking into the 60'' bulbs for a 48'' tank. I'm considering this because the 48'' are only 54 watts and the 60'' are 80 watts. Plus florescent bulbs are weaker at the ends, so I'll get better overall...
  17. R.yumaDaddy?

To Many Corals?

I'm sure we all know its very possible to overload a tank with fish, but how about corals? Is there a point at which the bioload scales tip with just a population of corals, within our mini ecosystems?:explode:
  18. R.yumaDaddy?

Yasha Goby

Does anyone have any experience with Stonogobiops yasha. I'm very interested in acquiring a pair with commensal shrimp Alpheus randalli for my 29 gal which I plan on removing all other fish if necassary. I also have never seen these for sale and have no idea how much they go for $...
  19. R.yumaDaddy?

My 29 gal reef

Hello RS folks, this is my 29 gal Jaubert style system (no skimmer or sump). I started it in August of 2005, so less than a year setup. but the sand bed was from a friend's broken down tank of 3 years. So i got a huge break there. It has around 50lbs of live rock(i think?). I run two small...
  20. R.yumaDaddy?

Just an intro

hey everybody, this is my first post EVER, so i guesse ill tell you about myself. Ive been reef keeping for about 9 months (8 yrs freshwater) and moving along quickly. Im a student working towards my associates in aquaculture at SUNY Morrisville NY. My current reef is a 29 gal skimmerless/...