Search results

1. wscttwolfe

HELP! Help with setting up first saltwater tank

Might add that (paradoxically) it will be easier to run a somewhat larger tank than a 20 gallon, because more water volume makes everything more stable
  2. wscttwolfe

RSM 130D Complete Setup for sale $500 (Washington DC)

Yes I think the price is very fair. There is an Ro/DI unit as well
  3. wscttwolfe

RSM 130D Complete Setup for sale $500 (Washington DC)

Here is the craigslist Post. Location - DC Area http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/for/5017498092.html
  4. wscttwolfe

A Picture A Day......

Suntanning fish
  5. wscttwolfe

Advice on Radion xr30w for RSM130D

I'd be interested in seeing pics of this when completed
  6. wscttwolfe

Truth or Myth?

Curious, why?
  7. wscttwolfe

Grouper eating a lionfish

The grouper clearly knew the spines were bad news, so I would imagine it had experience with lions before. But then it went ahead and ate it anyway...
  8. wscttwolfe

New RSM 130D Single Pump Flow Question

Yep, same thing here. I use a vortech for added flow. Many RSM130 owners run an additional pump
  9. wscttwolfe

Coral id help!

looks like a trumpet coral mid-split to me
  10. wscttwolfe

A Picture A Day......

SPS by wscttwolfe, on Flickr GSP by wscttwolfe, on Flickr
  11. wscttwolfe

my 100g+ tank thread!! including lots of pics! Just getting started!

Hey, congrats on the new tank. If I understand correctly, you set up the tank two days ago and added the fish and live rock yesterday? I'm not trying to be mean, but you should do whatever you can to try to catch the fish and return them to your local fish store (LFS). Your tank is about...
  12. wscttwolfe

hey! new to salt water... got a 100g tank! lol

You will find that your life will be much easier with a skimmer. You are correct to worry about nitrate levels, and the skimmer will help keep them low. There are other ways, but they are much more specialized. This may have been said already, but PLEASE plan on waiting at least 1-2 months...
  13. wscttwolfe

Aquarium In Apartment?

I would be more scared about the cost of water damage if there was a leak. 50 gallons of water can pack a punch when it travels through three floors of old wooden floorboards. I tried adding my tank as a rider on my renters insurance policy, and they had no idea how to handle the request...
  14. wscttwolfe

Nikki's Mini Ocean Part II

A blue spot jawfish is a notoriously hard fish to keep alive, mostly because it (1) requires colder water temp than most other reef tank inhabitants, (2) requires a deeper sand bed for burrowing, and sufficient lose gravel to build a den (3) is a jumper. Does the IM novo 30 have a lid? Many...
  15. wscttwolfe

Emergency Water Question!!

Using distilled/RO bottled water should only be used in an emergency. For the most part it isn't chlorinated, which would be deadly to your corals. However, it does have a lot of phosphate and nitrate usually. Pictures on my tank thread from 3-4 years ago, when I started with bottled water...
  16. wscttwolfe

hitch hiker IDs please, lots of pics

is 5 some kind of nudi or snail eggs?
  17. wscttwolfe

New chalice

Stunning piece of coral. Where did you get it?