Search results

1. KMP

Need a Neptune Aquacontroller? Group Buy!

This is a great deal I found last night. Spoke to the owner (Matt) a couple times today - great guy. Just need a few more orders to fullfill the group buy: AquaController Jr. Backlight w/Temp Probe + DC8 - Group Buy The Reef Hut AquaController Jr + Backlight + Tmp Probe + DC8 =...
  2. KMP

Tunze 6025 - Will it hold up to a wavemaker?

Just wondering if the Tunze Nanostream 6025 can hold up to a wavemaker and survive. Thanks in advance.
  3. KMP

Question f/Current Prime Tower Chiller Owners

I was hoping someone with a Current Prime Tower Chiller could get some measurements for me. The measurements I'm looking for are: - How far do hose barbs stick out on the side? - How big is the side vent on the hose barb side - how far from rear edge - how far from top? - How big is the...
  4. KMP

KMP's - 70g Oceanic Tech Tank Build

One year into the hobby - I'm hooked. Started out with an Aquapod 24 to get my feet wet. Learned lots by setting up that tank and soaking up the great information from this site and others - thanks to everyone that's helped me along the way. Last week, I went with a buddy to pick up his new...
  5. KMP

SCWD Plumbing Question

I got a SCWD for the return on my tank. This is taken from a description from Marine Depot... I intend on running PVC pipe around the top of the tank with outlets along the way. My question is; should i be buying 3/4" PVC and 3/4" fittings or 1/2" PVC pipe with 1/2" fittings? Thanks.
  6. KMP

Canopy or No Canopy

So I was curious what the prefernece was (canopy or no canopy); then I figured a poll on what you have would answer the question. So what do you have...
  7. KMP

Plumbing Question

I am accumulating parts for a 120g AGA (48x24x24) tank. I picked up (2) 3/4" Sea Swirl Wavemakers and am trying to figure out how to plumb them w/o having to have them go behind the tank where the tank will be standing out from the wall. My latest thought - in the overflow there is a inlet...
  8. KMP

Experts - What Equipment For A 120g

OK, so i was going to upgrade from a 24g to a 65g. Most likely, still am; however everything I'm buying will be transferable to my final destination a 120g. I've been collecting all this stuff in my garage; think I have a good start but now need help w/other things to consider. With a 120g...
  9. KMP

I'm Stumped - Water Tests

I've had a 65g RR tank set up in the garage w/live rock only for about 3 weeks. I test the water periodically and these are the parameters: Ammonia - 0 ppm Nitrite - 5 ppm Nitrate - 20 ppm PH - 8.2 They have not changed at all and I've tested 4 times over the last 3 weeks. I did have...
  10. KMP

ASM G3 - Tuning Question

I'm setting up a new system and skimmers are new for me. While setting this up; it's in the garage cycling fresh water. I just recieved my ASM G3 and figured I'd put it in the sump and crank her up. The only instructions regarding tuning is to have the "adjustable outlet pipe" is at its'...
  11. KMP

Is Caulerpa Reef Safe - Err, Safe From Fish Of The Reef?

I've always liked the look of the green algea/plants that you see on live rock. Today while visiting a LFS they had some live rock w/colopra on it. Almost bought some before wondering if reef safe fish and inverts would leave it alone or mow it down. Anybody know?
  12. KMP

ASM Skimmer Owners - Question

I was about to order a ASM G3 when I happened to notice it was 25" tall. Went and measured the tank and that leaves me only 4" clearance. My question is - how much clearance do you need between the top of the skimmer and the stand to get the cup off?
  13. KMP

Plumbing Question

I just picked up a 65g RR tank. It currently has a Rio 1400 at 420 gph. I would like more flow. - What is a good pump (quiet is also a consideration? - What gph rating do you think would be good? Tank dimenisions are 36" x 18" x 24". Might have a few SPS pieces, but the majority of...
  14. KMP

Need Pump Recommendations

I just picked up a 65g RR tank. It currently has a Rio 1400 at 420 gph. I would like more flow. - What is a good pump (quiet is also a consideration? - What gph rating do you think would be good? Tank dimenisions are 36" x 18" x 24". Might have a few SPS pieces, but the majority of...
  15. KMP

Oceanrunner Pump - Any good?

Does anyone have experience w/Oceanrunner pumps. They seem to be priced reasonable and the gph vs. watts are good too. I like the fact it can be internal or external also. Aquarium Water Currents: Ocean Runner Water Pumps
  16. KMP

Tank Repair - Top Frame

I picked up a used 65g RR tank. Great shape except the top plastic frame is scratched up in front. I have two thoughts on how to fix, but wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this before. 1st thought - Remove the frame and flip it (back to front) since the back doesn't have scratches. If...
  17. KMP

120g All Glass Aquarium - $400

There's a new fish store that opened in town. Their opening special is a 120g All Glass Aquarium with dual Megaflows. Is $400 a good price? I can't find them on the internet for a price comaparison. Thanks in advance.
  18. KMP

Build Your Own Sump - Which One?

Wow! This was a neat find. I'm sure some folks will say build your own - well, with these kits you would be - except someone else is doing the cutting for you. Check out their Ebay store for different kits. Post which you think is best and why? Store...
  19. KMP

120g Data Call - Lighting Question

I have a question regarding lighting. I know watts per gallon is not an all inclusive measurement; but it's a base line comparison which is what I'm intersted in. I'm getting ready to step up to a 65g (interim to the 120g plunge) which has a dimension of 36x18x24. I will need lights, but...
  20. KMP

Can you make live rock?

Got a question. Situation: We started up a fish only tank at work. Since it was fish only, we bought the dry rock you find in bins at the fish store. We're leaning towards corals now. We also used the sand you find in the bins at the fish store. I did put in a couple cups of live sand...