Search results

1. blackwater

Sump Skimmer Help

they look like they have a smaller foot print than the RO. which tunze would u recomend for my setup? 65g DT, 29g sump. want to get a skimmer that is rated for larger than my tank, around double so 120g ish.
  2. blackwater

Sump Skimmer Help

thanx for the info. i'll look up some tunze skimmers and see what size and price they are.
  3. blackwater

~Welcome to our newest Moderators ~

congrats, well done.
  4. blackwater

Sump Skimmer Help

will be fowlr to start but once matured enough and stable enough i want to start a reef. need to pick the skimmer soon so that i know what foot print it has. going to the glass shop on sat. to get glass for the sump build.
  5. blackwater

Sump Skimmer Help

i was thinking of the Reef Octopus XS 160 for the sump i want to build. i know nothing about this skimmer. quality's im looking for in a skimmer are....efficiency, durability, and it needs to be silent(or as close to silent as it gets), the tank will be in my living room so if its loud it will...
  6. blackwater

what to put in sump? sump configuration?

ok. just did some google..ing? and found some sump lay outs. here is one. u will need to ignore the tank measurements because the tank in the diagram is larger than mine. also as for what goes in each chamber im not sure if thats the way i should do it or not feed back very welcome. i would...
  7. blackwater

now u gone and done it. have more questions now. do i go high flow or low flow? will be basic sump...filter sock, skimmer, area for live rock? heater, bubble trap, return pump. sump tank is 30 inches long...19 inches tall...and 12.5 inches deep. will need to figure out inside measurements so i...
  8. blackwater

Favorite Clown Fish

will definitely get some clowns again. just not sure which ones.....leaning towards the black ice but the cost sooo much. keep the pics coming all your clowns look great;)
  9. blackwater

Favorite Clown Fish

here are pics of mine
  10. blackwater

Favorite Clown Fish

great pics. i'll post pics of the clowns i had when i get home from work.
  11. blackwater

Favorite Clown Fish

ive seen the black ice clowns too, they are cool. my wife really wants them for the new tank. but they are like 100$. are they expensive were u are?
  12. blackwater

Favorite Clown Fish

Whats your favorite clown fish and why? i had 2 tank bred ocellaris clowns and i loved them. Ate right from my had lol.
  13. blackwater

40 gallon starter SW.. Please help.

also Welcome to RS :hallo:
  14. blackwater

40 gallon starter SW.. Please help.

well first get all your equipment. RO/DI unit, refractometer, salt, lights, heater, power heads, live sand, live rock, possibly a skimmer. if using a sump then get it ready. also need water testing kit. after u have what u need put LR in tank (on the glass or egg crate) then add the sand. have...
  15. blackwater

the glass dividers in the sump....do they go "under,over,under" or the other way?
  16. blackwater

RO/DI unit question

so for about 60$ i can add a DI stage to my RO unit :yup: at least i don't have to buy a hole new unit.
  17. blackwater

RO/DI unit question

just sent a e-mail off to the site i got it from. may hear back about it tonight or in the morning....they usually get back to me pretty quick. should have just got it all at once...live and learn lol.
  18. blackwater

RO/DI unit question

thanx. i had a feeling about that. i bought the unit before knowing anything about reefing:smack: i'll see if i can get a add on DI for it
  19. blackwater

RO/DI unit question

HI, how important is the "DI" in RO/DI. i have a Spectrapure 3 stage RO unit (90GPD). Will this work for reefs? or do i need a DI unit as well?
  20. blackwater

65 gallon mixed reef build

also if u have drilled your DT for drain and return would one of those Glass Holes overflow box kits be ideal. if so how do u choose which one u need? they r all rated for different amounts of low. would u buy one rated as the same as the return pump?