Search results

1. Overlook Reef

ID please

It looks like Aiptasia to me! I would remove the rock or get a natural predator.
  2. Overlook Reef

Hydrogen peroxide dip?

I did the same to my Candy cane. It did the exact same thing. It looks great now.
  3. Overlook Reef

Roo's Rad Reef - RSM C-130 Build

Love the Red Sea Tanks! Looking good!
  4. Overlook Reef

Algae ID

I would say that is Bryopsis.
  5. Overlook Reef

What is the dumbest, most destructive mistake you have ever made on one of your tanks

Re: What is the dumbest, most destructive mistake you have ever made on one of your t Left my ATO on while doing a water change! As I drained the tank, fresh water was filling it!
  6. Overlook Reef

rsm 130d

10% weekly. Keeps my phosphate and nitrate very low and I did not even dose until my SPS took over the tank.
  7. Overlook Reef

cobalt neo-therm 150w?

I love my cobalt!
  8. Overlook Reef

Pods population crash

Wrasses wipe out pods. It only took less than a week to wipe out my pod population.
  9. Overlook Reef

Considering a Red Sea Max 130C

Love my RSM 130d You will find yourself making modifications over time, but I have been very happy with it! (Except I wish I had a bigger tank! :) )
  10. Overlook Reef

Blue Polyp digitata Question....

I think he said he got it from ebay and it never really turned blue.
  11. Overlook Reef

Sounds like you do not have too many nutrients in your water. I do not believe the hermits have anything to do with it. I see good polyp extension in your picture. It my be getting too much light. Where is it positioned in your tank? If it is up high, you may want to try it lower. What kind of...
  12. Overlook Reef

whats this?

Looks like Foraminiferans to me.
  13. Overlook Reef

What is your water parameters (phosphate and nitrate?) and what else do you have in the tank? What other SPS do you have and what do they look like? It looks like it bleached out. My German Blue Digita grows so fast that I trim it every other week. I love it, but it is almost a pest. Why did...
  14. Overlook Reef

Help me identify please!!

Great members of CUC.
  15. Overlook Reef

Ocean or ro water which is best

I have used the Petco ocean water and liked it very much! I thought polyp extension was great and thought I noticed a little more growth. It was a little expensive so I stayed with RO/DI and Coral Pro Salt. I get good growth and color and have been happy. I have also heard great things about...
  16. Overlook Reef

Any ideas?

+3 on the pineapple sponge. I have a few in my tank that are just like that.
  17. Overlook Reef

ID needed

Does it have a bunch of thread like tubes coming out of the base? If it does and it has feathery tops, it could be hydroids.
  18. Overlook Reef

What Temperature Do You Keep Your Tank At ?

79 degrees for me. Great article nanoreefing4fun!