Search results

1. Z

Orange leptastrea

I just flipped it today. It looks rough. Theres like spiderweb slime over the top of it and the polyps are sucked in
  2. Z

Orange leptastrea

Thing looks like its starting to bleach a bit. It was awesome for awhile but now the polyps aren't extending that much. Could it be lighting? It was down as low as it goes so I just rotated the rock. Now it's less direct.
  3. Z

Foxface in QT

Well nvm. I guess now that he's in the DT he's liking nori. Put a big piece and hell nibble a bit the swim then come back to it. He's also picking on my clam a bit. Hopefully that will blow over.
  4. Z

Foxface in QT

I don't. All I have is two clowns and a Midas blenny. None of those like nori I don't think.
  5. Z

Foxface in QT

the marine grazer looks like some good stuff. Idk where i can find it around here however
  6. Z

Foxface in QT

Oh yeah so does mine but if I can put a sheet of something in the tank I'd like to so he can chose that over corals
  7. Z

Foxface in QT

Hey so my foxface is done with his qt. he's going into my reef tank and I want to keep him well fed he doesn't like the green nori sheets. Does anyone have experience with these guys. What do they like that I can hang on tge glass do he doesn't eat corals.
  8. Z

Clown

Mine Has two. Wonder if it's stray voltage. Gotta get that absorber thing.
  9. Z

Clown

My two clown fish have small nicks in some of their fins. Only other fish is a midas blenny. Any thoughts? They get along fine together.
  10. Z

Midas blenny and pods?

I've heard to put chaeto in but it requires high light so idk if the holes will provide enough? I'd love to do chaeto though. Even a little handful must help w filtration.
  11. Z

Midas blenny and pods?

Do Midas belemnites eat pods? Also will chaeto survive in the pod hotel? (PVC with holes drilled in it)
  12. Z

cleaning filters, uv's and wave makers

ok, yeah so in my filter all i have is the Pura complete bag, so i think that's good probably doesn't need replacing for awhile, but in reality isn't my live rock doing the filtration? i shouldn't even need a hob filter right?
  13. Z

cleaning filters, uv's and wave makers

How often do you guys scrub these things down? My filter and wave maker have some pretty nasty red sludge stuff on there. I'm gunna do a water change tomorrow and i was thinking of pullin that stuf out and hosing it w/ hot water.
  14. Z

Pod cultures

What are the best pod cultures to buy to get them going a little more in my tank. I have tons of tiny ones on my glass but wanna get some more going, I also run a UV so Idk if that has a negative impact.
  15. Z

next fish

Do you guys qt mandarins? Gobies?
  16. Z

next fish

Alright sweet. I'll do it this week and get a few more packs of pods. I get at least one every time I go to the lfs
  17. Z

next fish

does it need to be the length of the tank?
  18. Z

stray voltage

just another thing to have to put into the tank ha, Ill look into it however
  19. Z

stray voltage

Hey so for my wave maker, heater skimmer, uv steralizer and filter i'm just using a regular surge protector. is that enough to eliminate stray voltage? or is there a better surge protector out there that will eliminate that stuff? or will it even matter?
  20. Z

next fish

so a pod hotel is just PVC with holes drilled into it and caps on the end? whats on the inside of the tubing? I'm totally gunna make one. I'll do anything to not add a refugium. I just don't have the room underneath for a sump i don't think and the HOB refugiums are super ugly. Only way I'd...