Search results

1. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

would the Golden Maroon get eaten??
  2. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

Lol its all good so what would you put instead?
  3. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

alright so heres what im thinking: snowflake eel about 8 or 9 inches long give or take small angler about 2 inches give ir take and im OK with taking him out when he gets too big a yellow tang for some color a dogface/porcupine puffer (opinion on which one?) maybe 1 gold stripe maroon if...
  4. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

ohhh... thats not good. lol glad i knew that! ok so here a list ive come up so could u just say yes or no to the different fish? and how ,any i culd do... yellow tang gold stripe maroon clown(s) undulated trigger dogface puffer porcupine puffer soldier fish cleaner shrimp (maybe he...
  5. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

Why are you worried about the beta and angler? just curious. maybe a hawkfish? im just trying to think of things that could work i am pretty clue less TBH. And id rather not have anything venomous i just dont like the whole idea of your fish being able o send u to the hospital if it decides ur...
  6. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

another issue via bluezooaquatics.com... "It is best not to keep wartskin anglerfishes with aggressive triggers or puffers, as these fishes are known to eat the illicium."
  7. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

ok so i did research and it looks like i can keep the 2 together but that the frogfish should be like 2.5 inches and the eel around 9 so that could work out ok. not sure if i can add a marine beta and/or a puffer or if 3 large fish will already be too much for the system. Maybe the Beta is Ok...
  8. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

so say i got a small frogfish like 2 inches and an eel about 8 inches long, is that ok? and more importantly would these fish all be OK with each other? Ive never don an "aggressive" tank before and i just dont want them to kill each other lol :P
  9. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

Yeah i know that they can get big and like you both said eat their tank mates, but im gonna start with a fsirly small one and when he gets too big im OK with swapping him out. so would like a little dog face puffer and a say 3 or 4 inch frogfish be OK? Im also excited aboutt eh possibility of a...
  10. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

Hey i have a 55 gallon tank and i think im gonna sell everything i have and try an eel, maybe a snowflake? opinions on which eel would be great but what i really need is some advice on how much rock to have and the tank mates i could get. i was thinking maybe a marine beta, an angler and/or a...
  11. fishguy4

Separating my tank

yeah i think ill just give up the idea of splitting it there are too many risks. what are the dimensions for a 40 gallon breeder? and i was thinking about cutting bac on some coral too but i'm not sure
  12. fishguy4

Separating my tank

thats what i was worried about and you are probably right that would really suck if he ate my assessor :/ could i get maybe a small like 12 or 20 gallon tank from my lfs and put the assessor in it and turn the big tank into a predator tank? that was my plan b but Im kinda worried about him...
  13. fishguy4

How to keep water in check

i cant exactly remember my parameters last wc but the spec gravity was low something like 1.018 or somethin like that. The nitrate and nitrite are always much higher than they are supposed to be and i always have a 7 point something PH. sorry about that i really cant remember any specifics and i...
  14. fishguy4

Hello

welcome to the forum! :D
  15. fishguy4

Separating my tank

Ok so i have planned for christmas that i would try to separate my aquarium and put all my current livestock on one side and buy a frogfish and a snowflake eel and keep em on the other side. does this sound like an ok idea? would it work out alright? Any opinions, suggestions, etc would be...
  16. fishguy4

How to keep water in check

so i havent been on the forum in months but i have been trying everything i can to keep my water quality up but i just cant keep it consistent. Basically what happens is ill do a wc and the water will be great for a couple days and then it will eventually go back to being bad in less than a...
  17. fishguy4

Hello Reef Sanctuary

welcome to the forum!
  18. fishguy4

crazy looking crab!

i swear i thought live aquaria was sellin a rock lol. who knows :D
  19. fishguy4

Hitchhiker fish/goby/eel thing??

wat the heck is that lol
  20. fishguy4

Show fish ideas

o btw the ORA assessors average around $60 now :D