Search results

1. I

used rsm 130d price?

thanks guys it definitely helps. its in really good condition, just needs a cleaning. only thing wrong with it is that the cover for the buttons broke off and one of the buttons is missing the plastic cover too. i would offer it here, but i am not willing to pay shipping nor take responsibility...
  2. I

used rsm 130d price?

hey everyone, been a while since i posted anything here. i ended up joinning a local reefing club and have been more active over there. anyways im getting rdy to purchase my first house and will be upgrading to a 180 gallon system. to help fund this new tank im going to put up both of my nanos...
  3. I

Surface skimmer cup

is there any alternative to the surface skimmer cup? currently running mine again, but would like to remove it without the surface film building up :(
  4. I

Max 130/D circulation pumps

mine recently has gotten very noisy also. it is making a horrible rattling sound, even after cleaning it. tried running it in a bucket with no luck, it isnt vibrating against anything...
  5. I

Water parameters

bump your mag up to around 1350. ca and kh need mg to stabilize.
  6. I

Steve's LEDs

i bought the extension cable since i would need a third driver, is it possible to add the stock moonlights back to the original rsm timer? i remember i gutted the lid pretty good, removed the stock driver i think
  7. I

Steve's LEDs

wondering if its possible to switch a few of the blue leds over to a third channel? also not sure what i did, but my lights operate on channels 3&4 on the typhoon, any ideas on how to correct it so they operate on channels 1&2 ?
  8. I

Red Sea MSK 600 Skimmer (review)

when i remove the air valve it overflows even more, but eliminates the micro bubbles in the tank. my water level was around the 4th line on the side of the tank. it was running about 3 days with no change. currently off at the momment.
  9. I

still having problems with this skimmer, it just wants to overflow with a wet skim even with the air valve barely cracked. ive tried adjusting the water level in the rear by using the surface skimmer, but it still just overflows. any ideas :dunno:
  10. I

chemical filtration in the 130

so i put a skimmer back on my 130d and removed the live rock rubble in the rear. im using the new msk600 skimmer i received. i had previously removed the old skimmer completely and put in a piece of acrylic inside to force the water down through poly floss then there was a dsb in the rear...
  11. I

finally got my upgrade skimmer installed today, have to admit i have not had so much time lately to convert the setup of what i was running previously. will definitely agree that it runs quieter than the previous stock skimmer and even though its just overflowing for the momment, i can already...
  12. I

nitrates are back up at about 20. is that normal or is there some problem?? seems like it shouldnt rise so fast. im running purigen and gfo. my fish consist of 2 clowns, a diamond goby and bicolor angel.
  13. I

Red Sea Max 130d LED Lights

around $500 with the 99% finished kit, typhoon controller, typhoon enclosure and extension cable
  14. I

Steve's LEDs

i couldnt get an outlet from a different room, but i did manage to get one from a different wall, did some testing, and this is what i found: i unplugged the entertainment center completely, still flickers i moved the led plugs to the extension cord, still flickers the flicker only...
  15. I

itzjustinn's rsm130d update

algae is not a problem now, since i added gfo to my system.
  16. I

itzjustinn's rsm130d update

went to a new lfs in my area and couldnt resist picking up a few frags.
  17. I

Steve's LEDs

i probably have too much stuff on the outlet now that i think about it. tank and entertainment center are on the same outlet :( for the tank, i have steves led kit w/ controller, one return pump, heater. on the entertainment center i have a flatscreen tv, dvr box, ps4, xbox 360, an audio...
  18. I

reading 5-10ppm yesterday, need to test again today. main reason i am concerned is because my sps dont have polyp extension and found my nitrates in the 40-80 range about a week ago
  19. I

just curious what you all run for chemical filtration? right now i just running purigen/gfo. would like to run something else in addition to help control nitrates even more. could i also accomplish this by adding more purigen rather than another filtration media? thanks in advance!