Search results

1. Tuna

Water change mix smells

Hi. I hope this is the right place to ask.. I just switched salt from instant ocean to red sea coral pro and the water had a chemical smell to it.. I've only used oceanic, instant ocean,and reef crystals in the past and have never had an odor of any kind. The r.o. Water has no smell and the...
  2. Tuna

Meet my new freinds

:wave: Hello, Id like to show off my new black clowns. They were called Black Percula at the fish wholesaler but they look a lot like a clarkii/ocelaris mix:drool: check em out! got a real ID? Whatever they are I love em:thumbup:
  3. Tuna

redslime bloom and white stuff on my frogspawn

hello, i have a problem with my reef tank. Ill start off by saying my tank is 65 gal overflow,tidepool2,berlin skimmer,4 powerheads,coralife hqi 150w115-130lbs of rock no substrate.Temp is 78 degress on average and specific gravity is 1.23. Actinics and daylight were just replaced ,however...
  4. Tuna

6 legged orange linki star

my lfs got about 6-7 orange linkia stars a couple look ok the rest not doing to good but one has 6 legs. whats going on here? discuss...
  5. Tuna

nudibranch?

whats this little guy? it moves slow but i may have startled it and he moved a bit quicker for a second...
  6. Tuna

worm eating a snail...

i dont think its a peanut worm,it is a bit spikey and the head wasnt quite peanut wormish, check it out also when i stuck m tongs in to snatch him him up, it bolted faster than lighting and when i picked up the snail shell it had a big clear geletin blob on it...yuk...
  7. Tuna

skimmer air line adj.

what are you guys using to regulate the air/water mixture for your red sea berlin protein skimmer. ive been using plastic air line control valves but there junk. also why is it so hard to trim the setting? im skimming to wet and theres air bubbles in the exiting water.currently its unplugged.
  8. Tuna

linkia stars...

i was going to buy a purple linkia star today but decided id better research first. ive had an orange linka in the past,he made it about a year and then died...i really miss it,my buddyfrom the lfs has had little luck with blue linkas but his most recent one is doing very well,he says he...
  9. Tuna

i very quick red slime algae question...

before i dump this yellow stuff in my tank,should i just buy the phoshate removing media pad tommorow or should i add this stuff and still buy the pad? this stuff is called ultra life red slime remover
  10. Tuna

is this salt better...

http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/ReefSalt05.html says its special for reef tanks, i found it here for a decent price. will this salt be better for my reef? ive been using oceanic and have no problems,but id like my guys to have the best :smirk: my calciums always high...actually...
  11. Tuna

stupid serpent stars

:( my serpent ate my midas blenny time to bring him back to the lfs...hes eaten a baby blue hippo tang and a dead yellow tang. now it seems hes hunting live prey. i cant turn off my lunar lights or else its sitting on top of everything. well last night the lunars were off and now my midas is...
  12. Tuna

keeping that temp just right...

ok im looking for some advise for keeping the temp in my reef tank maintained year-round. I live in New Jersey and its hot in the summer and real cold in the winter. the transitional seasons are crazy itll be like 45 degrees today and 74 tommorrow. i have fans for summer and theres a small...
  13. Tuna

KH Test

hello i bought a aquarium pharmaceuticals (doc wellfish) KH test kit yesterday and just wanted to check to see what im exactly testing for. i want to read alk. my tester turned yellow on the 8th drop,showing me 8 degrees dkh :S or 143.2 ppm KH and this kit also does GH but the chart is no...
  14. Tuna

A bit off topic but...

ok im posting here for some advise on a turtle tank for my mother. 3yrs ago i came across 2 baby painted turtles from our local lake. my mom loves animal and fell in love with these guys. They live in a 20 long right now with a small canister filter.For christmas id like to set her up with a...
  15. Tuna

Acropora care

hello i typed acropora in search funtion and didnt see any strict info on care. Im very interested in a small Acro section in my tank and would like to know what i need to do... edit i thought there was a my tank link here :S i have a 65aga overflow tank,tidepool2 filter with some...
  16. Tuna

On a mission for the perfect fish

Hello everyone,Iknow use the search function, but theres too little time:time: Ive been down the fish road a few times and im sick of wasting my money on fish. My last fish was a blue hippo tang :( i had it a week to the day.So Im searching for THE perfect fish for my reef tank. I wish for a...
  17. Tuna

another noob

Hi I have been in the hobby for a year now and Im still trying to learn:rollingey I have a 65 gal AGA w/ overflow,tidepool2,berlin skimmer,3 powerheads and coralife metal halide. My LFS tought me all I know but now im thinking different. I was posting in Coral forum but I doesnt load half the...