Search results

1. mps9506

Freebies for p/u only

Hey guys got some stuff for free if you can come pick up, I can add photo's later if needed. I am located in Wilmington, NC. I won't ship right now, if the stuff is still hanging on I will consider shipping. 55 gallon aquarium: It's been sitting outside for almost a year, so I won't guarantee...
  2. mps9506

Fantasy football?

Sooooo.... are we doing it again this year? :)
  3. mps9506

Marco Rock

Just got some Marco Rocks. It's cheap and awesome :) I'm happy. Enough said. :jumprope:
  4. mps9506

buzzzz!

My backyard has honeybees everywhere! It's pretty cool, I suppose if you aren't allergic to bee stings. We have many trees plants and flowers in the backyard at full bloom right now, I wonder how many bees this little patch suppports at the moment.
  5. mps9506

Photography contest uncovers underwater treasures

The University of Miami's Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science recently held its annual amateur underwater photography contest. Winners were named in three categories--wide angle, macro, and marine animal portrait. Awards were also given for the best contributions from University of...
  6. mps9506

Thanks Dentoid

Organic Batter Blaster ™ - Original Pancake and Waffle Batter I guess Dentoid found this stuff. Barb told me, and somehow it was involved in BigAl's thread.... Anyways, this batter is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. Every single man should have this in his fridge. It's not messy, it's...
  7. mps9506

Lionfish and the Carolina Coast

Alien lionfish swarm N.C. coast - Health & Science - News & Observer "The lionfish population has exploded at a pace unlike anything scientists have ever seen from an invasive fish species in this part of the world. They are appearing in huge numbers from here southward into the Caribbean and...
  8. mps9506

Baseball Season

Soooo... it's baseball season. Who are you cheering for. Oakland A's fan here. Waiting for them to beat the Yankees today, kinda like they beat the Red Sox last week :D
  9. mps9506

MASNA Scholarship

All you aspiring marine biologists and other marine science majors, MASNA is awarding a scholarship at MACNA XXI this fall. Get your application in! MASNA - Scholarship
  10. mps9506

What lenses

So I'm seriously thinking about plopping down money to get my first dSLR. I'm probably going entry level, but considering that I'm planning on using this thing outdoors for shooting waterlife, as well as on hiking trips, I'm thinking about going mid-range. Regardless, Canon's Rebel T1i is...
  11. mps9506

Top surfing universities

UNCW named among top campuses for surfers | StarNewsOnline.com | Star-News | Wilmington, NC UNC Wilmington ranked #6 nationally for top schools for surfers. :D
  12. mps9506

surfboard shaping

You guys that like surfing may like this little clip some friends made. It is a local custom surfboard maker and glasser. SOD surfboards and Wrightsville Glassing to be exact, with a small clip of Wrightsville Beach surf at the end. A peak inside SOD's Factory on Vimeo
  13. mps9506

Macroalgae Suggestions

Looking for a med/fast growing macro that would do well in low/med light conditions (~1watt of NO Fluorescent lighting per gallon). Seriously... Any suggestions welcome... I think the lighting might be a bit low for Caluerpa species, although maybe it will just retard the growth a bit... But...
  14. mps9506

OT: Good morning from ILM

Figured I'd click a few pictures really quick of my morning walk. I'm pretty lucky and live off the water front in downtown Wilmington, I get to take the best morning walks with my dog. Usually get to meet a few other dogs or tourists that love dogs (at least during the summer when all the...
  15. mps9506

OT: TS Fay is on her way

16. mps9506

mildew/salt creep prevention

I try to learn from my past mistakes, and I'm in the process of planning out my next setup. What I learned from my last open top setup and open stand setup is that salt creep gets everywhere, and regular drywall mildews very easily if there is a tank right next to it. So my next tank is going...
  17. mps9506

OT: Storm season starts

Tropical Storm: Tracking Map : Weather Underground TS Bertha out in the Atlantic, the name brings up bad memories for us NC'ers that got hit by Bertha and Fran back to back in 96. This one looks like it will stay offshore, or if it takes the most westward computer model it will lose some...
  18. mps9506

OT: Doritos

Of course I wasn't surfing this day... Truck Spills - Doritos
  19. mps9506

OT:For the surfers

I know there are a few surfers on this forum. Just FYI I tried to take a flight out of Wilmington via Delta today and was denied access. Could not take my 1 board with me. With the NW Delta merger they were already charging me $150 per board so couldn't take my 4 boards. But apparently Delta...
  20. mps9506

OT: moving

I'm pretty stoked now. We just got our keys to a house we are leasing in downtown Wilmington (I know everyone says buy, but I can't afford to live in a house like this, and it affords me to save money by living with roommates to buy in the future). It's a registered historic house built in 1869...