Search results

1. sophie

My first 180gal sw live coral tank...Now to choose some fish...

Feeling more at ease now. The sailfin I am looking at is a Zebrasoma desjardini...so Matt not sure if that's the ( Atlantic or the "Gilligan" ) but it does look beautiful. I really need to stop looking at fish...I just came across the Striped Surgeon and oh gosh that looks fantastic too. So...
  2. sophie

Would any1 recommend a sailfin tang? I hear they are a little aggressive but again am new to the hobby so a little more assurance never comes astray...I guess I'm not putting too much trust in the person whom I am purchasing these off as sometimes I feel sales people are there to only make a...
  3. sophie

And I must add that it's a 220gal tank sorry....
  4. sophie

Thank you so very much on the info. So I should put the tangs in together to lesson the territorial aggression between each other. I'm still guessing it is ok to put these together though? Last thing I would want is to put 2 fish in the tank and have 1 die just because I like the look of the 2...
  5. sophie

Ok, 1 fish per moth at a time. And as for the triggers, I luv them but am fearful of the tank...I have pegged some of the coral to the live rock but I still am not sure about the triggers...they are such a stunning fish though.
  6. sophie

I do like the look of the Anthias, thank you very much for that. I think I have a winner.
  7. sophie

Ok a little confused, Matt recommends adding fish 1 at a time...engineer goby says all together...Oh I'm getting a headache...This tank has taken over my life lmao.
  8. sophie

Thank you for the suggestions. I did have a look at the bangaai cardinals and I'm not 100% sold on them yet I do think a school of something would really look great in this tank. I've been querying the Niger trigger, Crosshatch Trigger or the Bluechin Trigger as I was always under the assumption...
  9. sophie

Thank you. I have 80kg of live rock and a few different corals yet there is ample room for swimming. Wanted to know if the compatibility of these fish is ok without any aggression and what others would suit...ie maybe a school of something...suggestions would be appreciated.
  10. sophie

Just wondering since I am new to the sw hobbie, if you could give me a few ideas on what sort of fish I can put in my 180gal sw tank. I made the choice to go for a live coral tank even though I loved a few of the "not coral friendly" fish species. After doing some research I have made a few...
  11. sophie

New to the Reef Tank world. About to purchase a 220gal Reef tank. Suggestions welcome

Re: New to the Reef Tank world. About to purchase a 220gal Reef tank. Suggestions wel Thank you for the suggestions. I will def have to look into a reef keeper and another heater. Is it usual for 2 heaters to be running though?
  12. sophie

Best protein skimmer on the market????

The Red Sea C-Skim 1800 Deluxe also looks great and well priced. The Deltec I was looking at comes in at over double the $$$ that these. Never thought choosing a skimmer would be so hard :s
  13. sophie

Just had a look at the ASM G-4XX. Cheaper than the others I have been researching that's for sure. As i obviously have no exp with these, do they run fairly quiet?
  14. sophie

New to the Reef Tank world. About to purchase a 220gal Reef tank. Suggestions welcome

Re: New to the Reef Tank world. About to purchase a 220gal Reef tank. Suggestions wel I will def start a thread. Constructive criticism is welcome by me. Some1 out there always has a lot more knowledge that's for sure.
  15. sophie

sk8rdn, it's more the reliability that I am wanting to assure. The Aqua medic 3000 that I was advised upon was nearly the way I went but was put off it due to some pretty aweful reviews.
  16. sophie

Thanks Rob, I think I have gone crosseyed reading through brands such as Daltec, ATB 840 2.0, Berlin x2, Octo 2000 xp, Vertex Alpha Cones 200, Euro Reef skimmers, Remora........Sometimes too much info burns your brain. As long as its quiet, efficiant and does what it has to do without dying then...
  17. sophie

Re: New to the Reef Tank world. About to purchase a 220gal Reef tank. Suggestions wel Thank you very much Rob, I must admit I find it so much more satisfying talking to other's with this hobby. Will post pics as soon as this is up and running...and hopefully over time there will be an...
  18. sophie

Hi all, In your experiences what would you consider the best in sump protein skimmer? Starting a 220gal reef and fish aquarium and am new to the salt water world. Do not want to regret the skimmer purchase. Thank you
  19. sophie

Re: New to the Reef Tank world. About to purchase a 220gal Reef tank. Suggestions wel Thank you all. It's great to have some enthusiasts to speak to. I thought that the previous tanks were a delight but I must say that sw reef tanks are simply amazing and am looking forward to the challenge...