Search results

1. 54seaweed

You asked how to frag Toadies, so here's the video

If I only had the heart to cut mine lol or the stomach to flesh like for me now if it were SPS or LPS or zoa's I'm a frag nut case but this just makes me queezy figure that out lol the trunk is over 14inch long 2inch thick head is almost 16inchs I raised it from a 1 inch frag
  2. 54seaweed

Show off your acans!!!

just a few
  3. 54seaweed

Been thinking about getting a mandarin any advice?

Melevsreef.com - Mandarin Care
  4. 54seaweed

Mysterious flame angel death.

I just lost my flame was really strange I turned on lights this morn he was fine swimming like he always did seemed happy a hour later I fed my fish everyone was eating good even the flame angel than in mid swim he just dropped dead was the strangest thing I ever seen , he was happy no one...
  5. 54seaweed

sarlet leg hermit rumor

I found 1 of my scarlet's ripped out of its shell in 3 pieces thanks to one of the other scarlet's starting to think like Tru2nr also found corals torn up
  6. 54seaweed

Coralline Algae turning white

my tank just finished cycling and I have small spots of Coraline forming it starts out white than changes to a deep red or green , how did you get that deep purple look really draws you to the scaping
  7. 54seaweed

Power is out how long do I have?

cut plug end off extension cord attach to car battery and at least you can run the air pump
  8. 54seaweed

My Blood Pressure Medication

I don't see no stinkin pictures :cry1:
  9. 54seaweed

How long do you leave your lighting on?

from time I get up till time I go to bed
  10. 54seaweed

Can I add live rock to brand new tank?

you ain't just whistling Dixie on that , I got a major Bristol worm out break , I used the old baby food jar trick caught tons even snatched up 5 big ones about 4 inch long just glad none of them were fire worms also had a few other hitchhikers 2 small blue leg hermits , tons of feather...
  11. 54seaweed

Salt Water tanks + living room = issues?

Wife chased me and all 3 of my tanks out of the living room:cursin:, now I just converted the second bedroom into a computer / fish room it's just not the same to enjoy them , my only problem now is to keep the stupid cats off the tanks they like hanging off the front of the tank to watch the...
  12. 54seaweed

Picked up my first Coral

I like it can't wait to get some in my tank sooner or later
  13. 54seaweed

Question on adding coral

I used this method and it worked well , Using Fish Food to Cycle the Tank Another form of cycling the aquarium is without fish. Set up the tank with all the equipment needed: filtration, heater, light, protein skimmer for marine and reef tanks, etc. Start it up, setting the heater to a...
  14. 54seaweed

Question on adding coral

So many great pointers and help thank you No one said any thing about plant life what you think about 3 damsels to start building the bio load than I can pass them on to a buddy starting his tank in a few months than I can add my desired fish really didn't want to start this way...
  15. 54seaweed

Question on adding coral

I want to start adding coral into my tank , but I don't want to introduce it too fast the tank is a 37gal bow front it has finished cycling 2 days ago but plan on letting it rest for another week just to be sure it's finished. What I would like to do is add some coral and plants before adding...
  16. 54seaweed

Yes, got my live rock, salinity and placement?

ok the garamies thru me for a loop
  17. 54seaweed

Hello from Evergreen Colorado

Here is the salt water I'm starting still cycling Here is my brackish tank of course fish got to be shy :smack: here is my fresh water of course gold fish are hams all the others are hiding :tongue:
  18. 54seaweed

Blue tang in a small box.

I can't believe I'm reading this..... Description: This beautiful fish is royal blue, with a black palette pattern on the side and a yellow tail. Of the thousands of fish available to the trade, this is one of the most popular of them all! It is widely distributed throughout the Central...
  19. 54seaweed

Crazy amount of pods..

If they are totally out of control you may consider getting a wrasse , it will help keep the pods in your tank from over populating the tank , they multiply like rabbits
  20. 54seaweed

Yes, got my live rock, salinity and placement?

OK I'm lost , you said saltwater so I was guessing full salt 1.021-1.026 looking at your picture above you have garamies they are more brackish to fresh than full salt 1.005-1.010 windows going to be a big issue with no back drop on tank , and that still wont guarantee you not having issues...