Search results

1. T

too much rock, not enough space?

He will definitely have more room to swim in this tank than his current tank. I use a handheld scraper with an extending handle for my glass, so it shouldn't be a problem. As for the CUC comments, I have successfully kept a CUC with this puffer. The hermits do more damage to the snails than he does.
  2. T

I've had my puffer for about 4 years now, so I've grown to learn a lot about them. I have roughly 35 lbs of dry rock in there. The puffer is the only fish I plan on having in the aquarium, just as it is now. And thanks gast :p
  3. T

I have a green spotted puffer fish and I'm upgrading from a 20 gallon to a 30 gallon. The puffer is about 3 inches long now. I would like to know if you think I have too much rock and not enough space for the puffer to swim, or if it's alright. I'm not very artistic, so it took me a while to...
  4. T

Thoughts about this substrate?

I actually like the dry special grade aragonite
  5. T

Thanks for the input. I actually saw it in person today at the local petco store, but wanted to get some opinions on it.
  6. T

http://www.petco.com/product/121756/CaribSea-Aragonite-Aquarium-Sand.aspx I want to know what you guys think of this substrate for a saltwater aquarium. I don't want something too fine, because I don't really like the look of fine sand. My concern is that it might be too sharp for my green...
  7. T

Need help. Foam/no foam?

I actually took a hammer to the plywood and hammered all the edges. Turns out I fixed it. I feel dumb now.
  8. T

Need help. Foam/no foam?

These are what all the corners of the tank look like
  9. T

Need help. Foam/no foam?

So the polystyrene on top of the plywood wouldn't work?
  10. T

Need help. Foam/no foam?

Like i said, there's no way to remove the ply without damaging the stand itself :-/
  11. T

Need help. Foam/no foam?

What do you mean "shim"?
  12. T

Setting up the 75 Gal tank

I'm not sure how shipping between US/Canada works, but do you know anyone in the states that you could ship it to, then they ship it to you?
  13. T

Need help. Foam/no foam?

It's a 3/4 inch thick oak plywood. Reef commando, there's no way to remove the plywood because I used a nail gun to secure it to the stand. The stand was made for a 29 gallon aquarium to sit inside it, but the guy had a 30 gallon. He just had some wood on the inside edges to sit the aquarium on...
  14. T

new RSM 250

What was wrong with your biocube? What do you think went wrong with it? What some physical signs you could see?
  15. T

And since you're going to be asking about live rock later, I suggest you check out bulk reef supplies stock of dry rock. Pretty cheap and easy to work with.
  16. T

You should have a look at the Aqua C Remora hang on series. I bought one and I love it.
  17. T

Need help. Foam/no foam?

I recently added support with 2x4's to a 30 gallon aquarium stand that I bought used. I also added a piece of oak plywood on top of the stand and secured it with a nail gun. The problem is, it seems the plywood makes a slight hump in the middle so the aquarium isn't level on all 4 sides. It's a...
  18. T

Input on whether this aquarium is good or not?

Thanks. I'll be trying the leak test the next weekend I'm off.
  19. T

I've never done that, so I don't know how to go about doing that.
  20. T

I bought a used 30 gallon aquarium with the stand and canopy for $250. I wanted to know if you guys think the silicone would be fine, or if I should do something about it, or what. I haven't done the water test to see if there are any leaks yet, but I just want your input. [/URL][/IMG]...