Search results

1. Choff

S Series - powerhead holes

Hey All, I have stopped using 3 of the 4 power heads on my 650 and wondering if anyone has come up with a good looking solution to plug the holes? Thanks!
  2. Choff

Crab ID Please

Found this guy in my tank today. Any idea what it is? Besides not going back in my tank? I ordered pods from GetYourPods about a year ago and after I was about halfway through dumping them in I noticed a tiny tiny little crab in with them. I pulled out 3 or 4 from the remaining bags, but no...
  3. Choff

Test

https://flic.kr/p/FUmcoi Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
  4. Choff

HH in my pods

I was a bit disappointed to find several of these guys in my latest order from getyourpods.com. they were mixed in the pods across several bags. I'm hoping I caught them all. I've emailed the company, but while I wait any idea what type of crab?
  5. Choff

Maxspect gyre and the max

Hey gang, who is planning on getting one of these bad boys? You might be surprised to know that I will probably get one. :D Now the real question is where do you mount it and what do you do with the rear powerheads? My initial thought is upper left side with the rear heads off or set to min...
  6. Choff

Choff's Modified RSM650 Reef Chronicle

Hi All, Yes, I am starting a new tank thread. My first thread was a build thread and really the focus of my first 2 years back in the hobby has been all about the build and the system itself with really the coral and fish taking a back seat. Only very recently has my focus shifted to the...
  7. Choff

MACNA 2014 picture thread

A central post for those of us attending. I just checked in and it's 2am east coast time. No Picts yet for me. ...stupid auto correct
  8. Choff

Algae ID

Hi All, I have a quarter size tuft of this stuff growing in my frag tank. I'm almost certain it's bryopsis, but the fact that it's very very blue has me a bit unsure. It's very tough and does not pull off the plastic very easy. In any case, I have been meaning to make new FT racks and...
  9. Choff

RS US replacement parts supplier

Hi all, I wanted to pass along some info. I called RS customer support this morning to buy a replacement circulation pump and since I am out of warranty they directed me to aquariumpart.com They carry S series as well as 130 and 250 parts. Regards, Mike ...stupid auto correct
  10. Choff

Hw marine salt

BRS is pimping this stuff now. I have long considered going to "premium" salt mix and stop using IO reef crystals. I'd love to switch to aquavitro salinity, but it's so hard to come by in my area. HW marine seems to have solid credentials. Wondering if any of you have any experience with it...
  11. Choff

Tapatalk issues?

I can no longer connect to the forum via tapatalk. Getting the 'Failed to connect to forum, please check with forum admin if problem persists'. I have had this happen periodically, but was able to quickly connect. This has been going on for days. Anyone else having issues or suggestions for a...
  12. Choff

Stumped on what this is!

It looks like an upside down snail. The rock this coral came on was purchased well over a year ago and has grown on this rock. It was in the back of my tank and didn't see this side of the rock until I put it down in my FT. Any ideas?
  13. Choff

Plate coral baby

Last year I purchased a zoa rock that had a tiny plate coral hitchhiker that was about the size of a thumbtack. It has grown to a size larger than a quarter and I'm wondering if should remove it from its rock and move it to the sand bed. I know the naturally will do this ib their own when ready...
  14. Choff

Converting from a SSB to a DSB

Thoughts on how you would do this in a 150G tank with the least amount of stress on the inhabitants and of course least likely to throw it into cycle? Some details, my existing Sandbed is approx 1/2" to an inch and is 18 mo old. Currently using Carib sea special grade. I am going to be...
  15. Choff

Steve's LED mod for S400/S500/S650 series

Hello all, If you were not aware Matt (MDK16) worked out an great mod with Steve's LED to retro fit our tanks with LEDs. It's a fairly simple modification and allows us to keep the stock hood. You simply gut the center light channel and install 2 led strips. I will go into much greater detail...
  16. Choff

Reef tank - hardwood floors getting sanded

Has anyone had their hardwood floors sanded and poly 'd around their reef tank ? What precautions did you take? How did you make out? My sump is in my basement, so I just have to worry about the Dt. Plan on sealing the top with plastic and throwing blankets over that. Any other tips or...
  17. Choff

For Sale: T5 80 watt bulbs (ATI & Giesmann)

Hello, I have some 80w t5's for sale. These are all brand new in the box. I would let them go for 50% value + packing & shipping. I would have to see what it would cost me to pack and ship. If you are interested let me know and I will investigate the cost. Ideally I would like to sell the lot...
  18. Choff

For Sale: EA Smart UV 40 watt

Hello. I am selling my Emperor Aquatics Smart UV 40 watt. This is brand new never been used and comes with an additional replacement bulb. I am selling it for $375 + shipping or B/O. Bulk reef supply sells the unit for $389.99 + $61.99 for the extra replacement bulb for a total of $451.98...
  19. Choff

For Sale: Drews Doser Peristaltic Dosing Pump

Hello, I am selling 2 Drews Doser Peristaltic Dosing pumps. One is brand new and the other was used for 1 weeks to dose vinegar. I am selling them new one for $85 and the used one $70 or both for $150 shipped or B/O. These retail new for $100.00 each Payment via Paypal preferred, but other...
  20. Choff

For Sale: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off

Hello, I am selling a used Tunze Osmolator Universal Auto Top off. It was in service for approx 3 months and is in perfect working order/condition. I am selling it for $125 shipped or B/O. Retails new for 206.10 on Amazon. Payment via Paypal preferred, but other arrangements can be made...