Search results

1. Oxylebius

Oxy's RSM250

Yes, Growing on the back wall of my tank there is an orange monti digitata (upper wall) and a monti cap (lower wall). Both are growing flat and spreading across the wall versus growing horizontal out into the water. Very strange, particularly from the orange monti digitata, but that is what they...
  2. Oxylebius

Snowflake eel

BTW - the snowflake eel I had ate all the snails and crabs in the tank & not the fish I had with it.
  3. Oxylebius

Snowflake eel

Tank mates for eels include other relatively large, aggressive fish, such as lionfish, tangs, triggerfish, wrasses. You can get a dwarf lionfish and it will have a defense against the eel.
  4. Oxylebius

Notable Member lists, can we improve them?

This makes sense to me.
  5. Oxylebius

Looking to ID some microscope pics

Try this old article out: https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/5/aafeature Has some microscope images of aquarium water and the microorganisms in it.
  6. Oxylebius

Looking to ID some microscope pics

Or have the tank water splashed in your eyes or mouth! :eek:
  7. Oxylebius

Looks like this is the right place

Share some pics of your tank! :camera:
  8. Oxylebius

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Maybe? Or a Acropora Valida?
  9. Oxylebius

BTA and porcelain crab host

You should be fine with the porcelain anemone crab & anemone combo. They mutually live together in the wild. The porcelain anemone crab is more of a filter feeder than predator. You may want to blow off the rocks daily to get the detritus into the water column for the crab to eat. Video of...
  10. Oxylebius

Rock covered with green button polyps

Palytoxin is nothing to ignore. If you have rocks with palys on them and you want to get rid of the palys you need to do some serious internet searches on how to protect yourself (and family) from the toxic chemicals released by these corals. You will find all kinds of advice online. My...
  11. Oxylebius

Dad and daughter tank

Rocks can leach for years. Chemical export is the easiest and cheapest way to export phosphate. Keeping on top of weekly water changes also helps maintain low levels during this time. It all depends on how much phosphate they have in them. Don't give up on it, you will soon get there. You plan...
  12. Oxylebius

Powerhead advice

I have the Tunze pump and wavemaker and love them. Have had them for several years now w/o issue. I run the wavemaker pump during the day only, not at night. The pump only needs cleaning every 6 months or so.
  13. Oxylebius

Oxy's RSM250

@Pancho75 I didn't have any more issues with the clowns toppling the corals. :D All seems right in the world of my aquarium since moving the sand into the clownfish area of the tank. The clowns are back to bickering with themselves :chatter: and leaving the other fish and corals alone. :lol:
  14. Oxylebius

Stocking opinion!

Agree w/DaveK
  15. Oxylebius

HELP! Green/blue coloured worm

Many polychaete worms swim at night. Some will swim to the moonlight when they reproduce. From your pic and without any other information from you I am unable to ID it.
  16. Oxylebius

Snail ? ID please

Hard to tell from the pics from your posts, but looks similar to abalone snail or stomatella snail or similar type snail with the way the shell looks. Both are beneficial and I would keep them in my tank.
  17. Oxylebius

Coral Spotlight | Duncans

Aggressive in that you won't be able to have other corals growing around it. The duncan coral won't have it. I suspect that is why mikejrice stated that they are aggressive verses semi-aggressive. Duncan coral's tentacles can stretch and touch and kill other corals around them. That is the...
  18. Oxylebius

Dad and daughter tank

Looks like coralline algae to me. Good on rocks, not necessarily on the glass. If the tank is glass, using metal scrappers will get it off. If your tank is acrylic, don't use a metal scrapper. Acrylic can scratch really easy. There are scrappers you can get for acrylic, look into them to scrape...
  19. Oxylebius

Oxy's RSM250

So, all week I've been coming home to a rock with acans upside down in the sand. Each day I turn it over, ponder it a bit and go on my. :ponder2: This rock of acans I moved from a different location in the tank to the spot they are currently in this past weekend. Today I woke with it upside...
  20. Oxylebius

Matted filefish, suggestions

You are too funny! :lol: