Search results

1. Doogle

Kevin's 80 gallon Mixed Reef/Breeding

Lol...100L is a great lens. Nice red leather. I had a blue one very similar to yours and it slowly disintegrated into nothing, it took awhile. I hope you have success with yours, its very pretty.
  2. Doogle

Reef Radiance DM132e light

If they start halfway then how do you know you can turn it up to 100% ? Lol j/k I would raise the light at least a few more inches as stated. Personally I think the programmable dimmers are great for people who want to tweak every detail but its far from what really happens in nature...
  3. Doogle

Bristle Worm... Good or Bad?

Leave em be. Mine is about 10" long in a 29g. I have pics of it eating algae. Just don't touch them bare handed.
  4. Doogle

JET's new Bangkok 230g tank

I really like the aqua scape, one of the best arches I've seen. Filled out nicely. Those last pics are what a frag rack should be! Hahaha I wanna go to Thailand now.....
  5. Doogle

Mayja's 90 Gallon Reef Experience

Good lights did the same to me also, to more hair algae and cyano, GFO helped a lot though since I don't use a skimmer.
  6. Doogle

Picture of the Month suggestions . . .

Bristleworms, I have some pics of a pretty big one eating up red bubbly algae, proof in the pics... I know others have some scary looking worms.
  7. Doogle

Blue actinic lights

My 29g (30x12x18) when I started had a 24" t-8 pink bulb and 2 coralife 14w t5 Normal Output bulbs. Then I switched to a fishneedit 4x24w t5 High Output fixture with the stock bulbs. Then I switched to a 4x24w ATI SUNPOWER with 2 ATI blue plus, 1 ge6500 & 1 Fiji purple bulbs Then I...
  8. Doogle

Blue actinic lights

What watt/length t-8 bulbs are you using and what are the dimensions of your tank? You won't be able to keep high light corals with t-8 and I really suggest you look into another lighting source unless you just want mushrooms and low light corals. If you upgraded to t5HO you can use ATI...
  9. Doogle

Recommended Light System for a 20 Gallon High Nano Reef

A month and a half of SPS growth under t5ho. And alot of encrusting.
  10. Doogle

A 150w halide like a reef optix pendant and Phoenix 14k bulb. A 4x24w T5HO like those mentioned in the post above. A decent led fixture like the maxpect razor420R or reefbreeders/evergrow fixtures are liked a lot. Although I don't use LEDs I'm giving you what I think are fixtures that will...
  11. Doogle

Ya no kidding, try a ATI, GIESSMAN, TEK, AQUATICLIFE, CATALINA or CURRENT 4x24w T5HO fixture with good bulbs from ATI, KZ, GIESSEMAN and you can grow anything., the first 4 are best though. The ATI SUNPOWER is probably the most proven SPS light to date. Pic of 4x24w ATI SUNPOWER over 29g
  12. Doogle

Any body can tell what's this?

Once upon a time I had alot of those, bristle worms & corals wiped them out.
  13. Doogle

Doogle's 359g and counting- my tank diary

All the tanks, stands, canister & hob filters, fish, coral, some rock, and some lights are for sale. Get it while it lasts... RS was my first site & members in MI,IN,IL will get great deals.
  14. Doogle

Doogle's 359g and counting- my tank diary

The combos that had alot of purple like the 2 blue/2 purple & 1 GE/2 purple/4 blue are pretty warm looking combos that aren't bad looking, I just think 1 purple bulb is enough & an extra blue really sharpens & cools the look compared to the pink warmth of the combos with 2 purple bulbs, I can...
  15. Doogle

Hi I am new to a salt water aquarium :) Love it so far.

Ahh, I reminisce of the beginning when every night I'd creep out to the tank with a red LED headlamp & look at all the new pods, limpets, stomatellas,worms of all kinds that would pop up, my first hitchhiker was a clear blob that ended up being a plate coral, never know what goodies (or baddies...
  16. Doogle

Coral Beauty Angelfish

They are pretty cool fish, my dad is always saying how beautiful it is but I've also never seen one like mine- it has deep blue all around & on its underside with a small bright patch of orange/stripes, it has no light purple/blue on it at all & no blending/fading between the blue & purple, its...
  17. Doogle

Coral , African & American cichlids etc.

I'm giving this a bump because I'm getting more serious about selling this stuff soon, RS members in MI will get a great deal, livestock must go or go with a tank! Everything is negotiable & cheaper for members in MI, can possibly ship items also. These African Cichlids are breeders & I have...
  18. Doogle

Putting glass top on?

I've had the 3 cats before that would follow me/family for our walks in the woods (in WA) & here in the city (in MI). I've never sen so many people look at us funny at the mall when walking a few dogs & having a couple cats following... It was always sketchy because we have to cross 5 lanes of...
  19. Doogle

Today is the big day...

Maybe its only reefbreeders that are sending extra LEDs, you can customize it from the factory to your specs along with the extra LEDs in case you want to change them yourself.
  20. Doogle

Putting glass top on?

Wish I kept him as an indoor cat but he had so much fun outdoors he had a great life even though it was short.