Search results

1. S

Red Sea 250 in Orlando

Hi all. Thanks, Nano! Mhago, Red Sea does an amazing job packaging their tanks so as long as airport personal aren't really rough with the packages you should be good to go. We've had a Red Sea 650 set up in the store for about two years and it's the quietest, most stable aquarium I've ever had...
  2. S

My new Red Sea Max 650 S Build

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
  3. S

Sorry, I didn't get these messages. The area of the chiller is about 16" front to back and about 15" long but keep in mind it's right underneath the electrical compartment. I personally wouldn't do a moist area right there.
  4. S

Oops, sorry, just seeing this now. Did you get the measurements or do you still need them?
  5. S

We've added the first stage of our clean up crew (CUC): Cortez Mexican red Leg hermits, gorgeous nerite snails, and a couple of trochus snails. We're dosing alk and calcium to color up the rocks and playing with the flow to get it right. I think we'll add our clowns in the next few days. We've...
  6. S

Well, it's hard to tell on the first one from Manhatten Reefs as he has his saturation blown up! (Check out the pic that shows the setting in the box to the right and you'll see "saturation high." Mine is similiar but not nearly as blinding and with lots of other colors besides just the yellow.
  7. S

I LOVE Treasure Island. My daughter lived there for several years and I loved going over to visit! I'm posting up a pic from when I first got the coral, but it looks nothing like this in my tank with the heavy actinic lighting. It's one of the most amazing pieces I've seen. It's now a buttercup...
  8. S

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/74966-my-new-red-sea-max-650-s-build...

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/74966-my-new-red-sea-max-650-s-build.html
  9. S

BTW, have you seen the my Red Sea Max 650 thread yet? I've got some pics of amazing new clowns I...

BTW, have you seen the my Red Sea Max 650 thread yet? I've got some pics of amazing new clowns I got. I'm really excited..finally a big display tank!
  10. S

Wow, really? How cool! A few years is a good long time for a mandarin. You must be doing a great...

Wow, really? How cool! A few years is a good long time for a mandarin. You must be doing a great job! Thanks for letting me know~!
  11. S

I agree...regular cleaning is a must. Feel free to post a couple pics here of your 500. Is gorgeous!
  12. S

Thanks, I'm always amazed when I watch that video. It's crazy how fast the anemone fills with water then expels. It almost always does this at night. Afterwards, the tank looks like someone poured about a gallon or two of milk in it, but by the next morning it's crystal clear again.
  13. S

I love how tanks look after a good cleaning. Jen heads up our maintenance division. She does an awesome job.
  14. S

I'm pulling towards a carpet anemone (red or purple) although we really need to think it through as we'll have a lot of smaller fish in this tank. I've had one in my home tank for about 15 years now. It spawns regularly, 2-4 times per year. The first time it did so my husband and I were totally...
  15. S

Thanks, David. Yes, the tanks are bigger than they often look in pics. Jen is certainly a pro on tank cleaning...here are a couple shots of tanks we maintain:
  16. S

Thanks so much. I love the way the rock came out and yes, it needed some extra height and some "texture" in the lines. I thought it a bit too flat the first go. Can't wait to get livestock going! :) All tests still show perfect. Our first additions will be the clowns :)
  17. S

The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

Absolutely gorgeous!
  18. S

January 2012 POTM Contest!

His name is radar and he lives in an abandoned tube worm hole :)
  19. S

Matts 500 gallon funhouse

re: Matts 500 gallon funhouse Very, very nice!
  20. S

Thanks John. We're having fun :)