Search results

1. A

Chalice Growth

I had one it grew so fast and large I wound up giving it away. Pretty aggressive sweeper tentacles as well if I remember correctly.
  2. A

Quick coral ID plz.

First pic looks like maybe a cyphastrea. I have seen those in purple.
  3. A

ID an anemone

Anyone have any clue on this hitchhiker. he's been in my tanks for as long as I've had the live rock he' attached to. Hasn't bothered anything and has been about that size for at least five years.
  4. A

Help with new frag ID

second is a cyphastrea third one might be some kind of montipora?
  5. A

Help with I.D of this coral..

yes have seen that color. Shape is probably result of original frag and then your flow and lighting.
  6. A

Just started with some coral frags...need ID and info

birds nest needs lots of light place it high up on rocks
  7. A

First coral ID help!

Diane you probably have too clean a system for mushrooms. In my tanks they are pretty weeds. I have a habit of overfeeding
  8. A

Help! I think my coral is dying!

Those pics look like they are really irritated by something in the system. When my acans act something like that its usually because they have been irritated by nearby zoas and are looking to attack or I've let my alkalinity slip between water changes. Sometimes knocking some salt creep back...
  9. A

Sick acan

It looks angry like its trying to attack something nearby. My echinata does that sometimes when it senses the chalice thats growing about six inches above it. Alkalinity fluctuations can also make acans do that.
  10. A

Is this Aiptasia?

Isn't that also a majano anemone to the left?
  11. A

New coral, wish I knew what it was

+1 looks like pagoda frag
  12. A

Snail ID

the latest picture by your pump is a stomatella, good guy keep it. The ones under what looks like a baggie in the picture look like colonista snails. Good grazers but can be prolific.
  13. A

Redid the aquascape. What you think?

i would move that small euphillia away from the duncans. when it gets a big bigger it will sting and kill them.
  14. A

Captian America zoas are really dark

lights either too much or not enough is my guess. where are they in the tank and what is your lighting?
  15. A

Hitchhiker coral id pls

Look up pictures of alveopora it might be one. LPS not a soft coral
  16. A

Hitchhiker coral id pls

I thought clove polyps only had 8 tentacles. Is that not right?
  17. A

Anyone sell zoa frags?

kids instead of kinds typo lol
  18. A

Spray painting a flex pipe a bad idea or what help

You really can't paint that flexible tubing. It isn't like rubber its more like plastic thats been dissolved, you know that shower curtain smell. In order to make the tubing flexible it gets compounded with chemicals called plasticizers. These are really just extremely slow evaporating solvents...
  19. A

New Coral

Quite aggressive towards other corals
  20. A

brain coral question

Could be the spectrum it was raised under was different? I know the LFS I picked it up from had it for a about a month under a 6 bulb T5 they use only 1 10K with 1 purple and 4 blue bulbs where I'm using the aquatic life 10K and their 420/460 combo two of each. Their fixtures are about two feet...