Search results

1. Jerry

Do Clownfish Sleep???

When I first got my maroon last year, they showed the exact same behavior you were describing and it's like they were trying to find a way out to escape from the tank (I supposed that was my interpretation of their behavior). After a while like maybe after the week, they eventually started to...
  2. Jerry

3 Gal Pico: Not to scale

Nice work being done. Starting up the whole aquarium from scratch is the best thing ever that you can really enjoy doing.
  3. Jerry

The benefits of detritus.

That was why I fell in love with the hobby. Saltwater aquariums are just full of surprises and I remember at one time, I actually found a tiny crab but I don't ever recall added one in before.
  4. Jerry

Any advice for Birds Nest Coral

I would suggest cyclopeeze. Make sure that it is placed on the rocks located at least at the upper region of the tank and exposed to the lights.
  5. Jerry

Mistakes You've Made

The worst mistake that I've ever made is to skip the quarantine procedure. There was a small tang which I bought from the pet shop and seeing it so quiet, lying motionless without any friend, I just thought that the living condition might have spooked him. I added the guy into the main display...
  6. Jerry

Should I Cut This?

Although it's pretty hard to imagine what it would be like, I just wouldn't compromise the safety of the top display tank if I were you. Whole fish tank when filled with water is very heavy.
  7. Jerry

Stocking fish tank.

It's more toward fish compatibility issue and the reason to maintain the perfect water condition. In freshwater aquariums, you can easily go about changing the water almost immediately after the tap water has been treated but in saltwater tanks, there are a lot of hassles to make sure that the...
  8. Jerry

Clams Spawning at the same time in Home aquarium

To be frank to you, I don't have the slightest idea at all on how a clam reproduce until I've seen the video here. :cool:
  9. Jerry

snowflake eel

I think it's a matter of size that we are talking about here because as long as the fish is not small and able to fend for itself or swim away fast, then it should not ended up becoming a meal for the snowflake. But based on info, this type of eel is generally a crustacean feeder although I...
  10. Jerry

Reefkeeping Dangers

That reminds me of nudibranchs. They can appear in different forms depending on the species and an unsuspecting aquarist would thought that it is okay to touch them. Their bright coloration never fails to attract attention though but the toxin can be extremely poisonous.
  11. Jerry

My Mixed Reef Aquarium - Updated Pics

A fine display of masterpiece. One of the best that I have ever seen. :)
  12. Jerry

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin That's nice. A very imaginative concept. Anyway, I still believe that having an extra skimmer will still help. In fact, nothing too much.