Search results

1. rsigler

It's not a tumah!

Hey gang, What is the tumor like bubble in the center of my frogspawn? Thanks! Rob
  2. rsigler

PWC and now corals/fish are mad/sick.

The temp and SG of the new water was the same as the tank. Why would the fish be hiding? Only my clowns are happy. :)
  3. rsigler

PWC and now corals/fish are mad/sick.

Hey Gang, I have a 28g reef tank. I have a three yellow-tailed damsels, two clowns, a frog spawn, a hammer coral, a sun coral, and a frag of xenias. Yesterday I did a 5 gallon water change. Almost instantly the corals closed. The frog and hammer came back out after a few hours, but the...
  4. rsigler

Did a PWC, and now my corals are mad...

Thanks. What should the sg of the top off water be? Thanks again for the help! Rob
  5. rsigler

Ok, so how do I raise my sg without doing another water change? Thanks for helping! Rob
  6. rsigler

Hey Gang, I have a 28g reef tank with a frogspawn, hammer coral, sun coral, and a xenia frag. Last night I made a bucked of salt walter, and let it sit overnight with a powerhead and heater. This morning I did my weekly partial water change, and now my frogspawn and xenia are closed up...
  7. rsigler

Starting to see a little algae...

Hey Gang, My 28g tank is around 5 months old and I'm starting to see some algae on the rock that has been in there since day 1. Also I'm finding I have to scrape the glass every day. Is this bad? The algae seems to be green and maroon...and it blows in the current. Any advice? Is this...
  8. rsigler

What is my sun coral growing on? It's alive!

Hey Gang, About two weeks ago I purchased a sun coral from my LFS. Staring at my new coral, I could swear it was moving! I just assumed there was a hermit crab under it. Well today I figured it out. The rock it is growing on really isn't a rock. It's alive! What is this thing, and how do...
  9. rsigler

dKH too high?

Hey Gang, I just tested my water an everything looked great except for the dKH. Ph was 8.2 Calcium was 450 0 trites, trates, and ammonia but...the dKH was 14. Is this too high? What would cause this and how can I fix it (if needed?) Thanks! Rob
  10. rsigler

Calcium dosing for dummies...

Hey Gang, I have an established fowler tank, and I would like to get into corals. I have Aquaticlife T5 lighting and protein skimmer. The big thing I don't understand is Calcium/Alkalinity dosing. I've read many articles on the subject, but I still don't have a clear understanding of which...
  11. rsigler

Nitrites at .5

Should mention that this is a fish only tank.
  12. rsigler

Nitrites at .5

Hey Gang, I'm new to the hobby, so please be patient. I have a 28 gallon tank with live rock and a hang-on-the-back filter. It's been running almost 6 weeks. I just did another water test, and here is what I got: pH=8.2 Ammonia=0 Nitrite=0.5 ppm Nitrate=5 ppm Should I be concerned about...
  13. rsigler

Royal Gamma not feeling well...

Hey Gang, I'm new to the forum...what a great place to learn! I added a Royal Gramma to my 30 gallon tank about two weeks ago, and he now has a "patch" growing on his back. Any ideas? Thanks, Rob :)