Search results

1. T

Those w/ a GHL Profilux, could use your help!

Hi Everyone. Just acquired a new Profilux 3.1N from BigAl07. Love the lighting and have figure out most of the settings through trial and error. Could use your help with the following (keep in mind I'm using an RSM250): Here's my issue - I have my Pumps 1 & 2 connected to PAB Socket 1...
  2. T

Nanoreefsysytems skimmer for rsm250

My experience is virtually identical. Great skimmer and because there are 2 pumps, when I do routine pump cleaning, I just swap out the spare one so the skimmer's only off for about 5 minutes. Robert (the owner) is also great at customer service.
  3. T

Anyone got a sicce skimmer pump for sale?

I have one attached to my original skimmer. Used it for about 2 months before I switched over to a Nano Reef Systems skimmer. I'll send you a pm.
  4. T

Mod's RSM S500

In my "little" RSM 250, I had a small case of these - even after dipping. One Melnarus Wrasse and Canary Wrasse later and the problem is gone. New problem is that I have a Zoa free for all! I've never fragged anything or sold any of my pieces, but it looks like a zoa farm in my tank (not a...
  5. T

NanoN8's RSM 250 Build

I rinse everything under RO water (usually just in the waste water from a water change). I was running the sponges, but pulled them out about 6 months ago and all is fine. Oh yeah, I just remembered that when I started the tank up I used all tap water and boy did I have a green algae bloom. I...
  6. T

NanoN8's RSM 250 Build

NanoN8: Not to answer for Glenn, but generally speaking - a lot of us use 2 containers of CPE in the bottom of the media rack, then 1 packet of Purigen in the middle rack. Seems to work extremely well (my tank will be 1 year old in a couple of weeks) and I make sure to change it out...
  7. T

Flow is too strong, Loc-Line doesn't work on my Rsm, Help needed!!!!!!

Sure, I have 1 on each side of the tank (left and right) about 4" down from the top and about 1/3 back from the front. My rockscape is mostly towards the back, so I have them placed a bit forward to insure that there is good circulation. I run them on lagoon mode at 40%. When I do water...
  8. T

Unfortunately, for both of us, we elected the wrong sand - too fine. Because of the draw pattern of the MP10's, I've had absolutely no issue with them blowing sand. Only my wrasse kicks it up during the day. Hope you get this all sorted.
  9. T

I have to MP10's in the tank to assist with flow. Having said that, the stock pump w/ the loc line is what I had for about 2 months and it was absolutely fine. More importantly, like you desire, my sand isn't blowing all over the place (unless my Melnarus Wrasse is waking up or going to...
  10. T

Jose's RSM250

Just thought I'd help out. The left side of the hood is the "intake" side and is pulling fresh air in over the heatsinks and the right side is the "exhaust" pushing out warmer air. I actually replaced those fans about a month ago due to failure and a side benefit was a much quieter experience...
  11. T

I know that the fit is EXTREMELY tight. I actually used a pair of channel lock pliers and wedged them on. For the best approach, at least for me, don't try to push these straight on. Actually take the "Y" and have it cocked to just off center so you can get it started. Once started...
  12. T

Exhaust fans on RSM250 making a ton of noise?

Completed the install of the silenx extrema fans last night (4 of them) and had to check with string to insure they were actually running - they are that quiet. Great mod and thanks for the advice!
  13. T

I couldn't agree more. Either make the stock fans more robust or make the process of swapping them much more user friendly. I can't believe I'm going to have to disassemble the entire hood for a $5 part. Good news is that having done an LED conversion, I'm fully aware of the process for...
  14. T

Excellent read. Looks like going the route of aftermarket, though having to do some mods, will be the better route as it also lessens the overall noise. Thanks for the link!
  15. T

Hi all, I've had my RSM250 up and running now since January and am overall very happy with it. I've upgraded to the NanoReef skimmer to reduce heat/noise and to improve skimming. Also added 2 MP40wes. Critters are all doing great and can't wait to continue to watch the tank evolve...
  16. T

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

What I did with mine (and I'm only running one pump) is that I found an old plastic block that was bout 3/4" tall x 2" wide x 4" long to raise mine up off the bottom. Just placed it in the back chamber, then let the skimmer ride on top of it. Mine's been running since February and gives me no...
  17. T

Deltec MC500 or Euroreef Nano Skimmer for RSM 250

I installed the Euroreef back in Feb. After 6 weeks of fiddling w/ the stock unit. Remarkable difference in how well it works. Couple words of caution, however. 1) You may only be able to run 1 pump for it - otherwise to keep the bubbles from overflowing constantly, you'll have to run the...
  18. T

corraline algae

Have to agree w/ ErnestoC. Time is the key ingredient. When I set my tank up in January, I seeded it with 1 rock from the LFS that was live and covered in Corraline. Here we are 5 months later and I'm starting to see Pinks, Greens, and Purples all over my rocks and back wall. And I'm dosing...
  19. T

LED for my RSM 250?

Yes. Mine was installed last Thursday. BigAl pegged this one - you will have some minor fabrication and cannot follow the 130 directions as indicated. The end result is very, very nice, but if you're going into this thinking its a simple plug and play, you're going to be frustrated. Martin is...