Search results

1. R

Bio pearls and chaeto

Hi all Been fluidising bio pearls for a week now at half recommended dose as stated however within the last couple of days my chaeto has been dying and inane wondering I this is because the bio pearls are starting to work? If so, should I remove the chaeto? Thanks all
  2. R

Did I lower phosphates too fast?

Hi all <br /><br />As title I have had seriously high phosphates and started RO fuidise rowaphos last night - this morning is all almost gone (phos) I realise this can and probably will affect the tank/corals Will it? What can/should I do? In all honesty I did not expect it work that fast and...
  3. R

Reef rock

Hi all Can anyone tell me what's different about reef rock? Is it just because it has no coralline growing or is it completely different rock? Sorry of its a stupid queation
  4. R

Considering a Refugium - some advice please

Hi all, i am trying to get my head round adding a refugium to my existing setup/sump (pic below) Picture is from a while back so a loth of the plastic media was removed to help flow and sponges are now on pvc pipes/egg crate Also at the last chamber i have a external UV that return...
  5. R

Chaeto and culepra

Evening all So I have culepra (if I'm spelling that right) and been given a load of chaeto but not a lot room in my sump So what do I do as I'm worried that the culepra will die and pollute if the chaeto blocks the light Not sure chaeto will grow Do I risk it and just remove all the culepra...
  6. R

Seachem Prime in emergency - testing

Afternoon all Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with using seachem prime? What test kit is best to used when using this as a nitrite reducer (in emergency) I currently have a API test kit and JBL test kit - would either of these give false readings? Thanks all Rooshi
  7. R

Is this Ich

Please excuse the picture it really is the best one i managed to get. Can just about see the spots at the top of the purple tangs body
  8. R

My Battle - Reef ;) Pics of course :wave:

Hi all Let me start by saying how impressed i am by the site! Good work. I have only found you on tapatalk and now on the website beginning my story for the 1st time online i hope to learn more and help others with what i know and learnt along the way... So it begins.......... Had...
  9. R

New Guy on the block

Hi all, Just thought id say hello. I have been keeping saltwater aquarium for a couple of years almost. Have a 90 gallon with 2 x 150w MH - im sure i will dig out some pictures and post them up. Looking foward to reading more in the site keep up the good work Rooshi