Search results

1. B

White Spot

wow 8 weeks is a long time! will corals be alright in there and to put new ones in during the 8 weeks? how about inverts?
  2. B

White Spot

Okay so I had a leathal outbreak of whitespot which has slowly but surely killed off all my fish, all I have left is a cleaner shrimp and some snails. The last fish died this morning, how long should I wait until I re-stock my tank with some new fish?
  3. B

Torch Coral

well my coral seems to be doing great and growing so somehow i dont think it is slowly starving to death as i am also adding microplancton to the water every day and it is a filter feeder as well as absorbing light so my 2 bulbs seem to be enough for it, thanks for your opinion tho.
  4. B

Torch Coral

well my lighting is enough according to this website: https://sites.google.com/a/asira.org/www2/caresheets which says:: Level 5 - two feet below extensive VHO or T5 fluorescent lighting Level 6 - one foot below extensive VHO or T5 fluorescent lighting Level 7 - two feet below 250 watt...
  5. B

Torch Coral

i dont have any other lighting, just 2 T5 bulbs at 10,000k a piece. and thanks nanoreefing4fun i love the fact they give the tank movement i could stare at it for hours!
  6. B

Torch Coral

its a 20 gallon cube and that is my only lighting other than some LED's i put on for an hour before lights out.
  7. B

Torch Coral

Heres a pic of my torch coral too :)
  8. B

Torch Coral

Hi everyone i have seen so many posts recently about people having trouble with their corals and everytihing i thought i would put up a positive post :) my torch coral i bought 4 days ago has grown to about 1 and a half the size it was when i firsh bought it and was wandering if anybody else...
  9. B

Gimmito's 450 L-shaped display

i wanna see those yellow tangs in your DT!! :)
  10. B

Any advice for Birds Nest Coral

should i take it back to my LFS and try get a refund on it? this was exactly what it looked like when i got it..
  11. B

hope this helps, shame about the 50kb limit i managed to get a really big picture of it too and 50kb makes the image tiny with my camera but this is what it has looked like the past 10 days..
  12. B

yes it has polyps from what i can see but either they are tiny or they are retracted its quite hard to tell.
  13. B

:( maybe i'll just give it a few more weeks and see if it perks up abit.. i hope it does cos i seem to have no luck with corals apart from a huge colony of zoas which are thriving
  14. B

yes i would say its basically typing paper white.. i bought it this way too, do you think it's at the point of no return? and are there any signs of it being dead/decaying like lokking as if its melting or anything i should keep an eye out for?
  15. B

it was white when i bought it, am i suposed to be seeing any polyps extending atall because i cant :/ and i was told it was fine and would colour up a pinky colour if i put it right at the top of the tank which i have and it hasnt coloured up atall and i cant see any polyps extending on it and...
  16. B

can i keep a pink skunk clownfish with my 2 occelaris clowns?

thanks for all your input guys, i couldnt find any of this info regarding these exact sub-species on the net, guess i'll have to beg my LFS for a trade
  17. B

thanks, i know they are all damselfish but the pink skunks i've seen in my LFS all seem alot calmer than the occelaris and perculas and act more like the 'true' damsels you can buy for really cheap.. was just wondering as i have 2 clowns which aren't really aggressive to eachother and the pink...
  18. B

can i keep a pink skunk clownfish with my 2 occelaris clowns happily in my 20 gallon without any fighting between the two sub-species? the pink skunk seems to look and act totally difrent so im wondering if anyone has tryed this successfully? the pink skunk acts more damselish to me..?
  19. B

i recently purchased a birds next coral, it is white though and not pink, i have put it at the very top of my tank about 4-5" away from the surface of my 20 high, are the polyps suposed to be coming out of it? cos i havent seen any yet, just the pointy spikes..any ideas?
  20. B

xenia problems :(

yeah a scooter blenny could be cool, what do they eat and how big do they get?