Search results

1. addict

addict's downsized reef

Well, here I am again... I show up every year or so just so you know that I'm still around... ;) A lot has happened since the last time I was here, but it's nice to know that this place stays pretty much the same (aside from the improvements, of course ;) ). Anyway, since my wife's and my...
  2. addict

New lighting project begun

Well, I've hinted around a bit about the new lighting going over my tank this weekend, so I figured I'd start a thread to track it's progress. Yesterday I built the wooden rack that's going to hold the T5HO lighting (all Tek 5 36" 39w retro kits), and once the glue was dried this morning, I...
  3. addict

Karma names

Heya Travis (or Witfull) I have a question... is it possible to turn on the usernames when leaving karma? I noticed that people are still having to write their names in the comment box when leaving karma, when vBulletin has the capability (in the usergroup preferences) for users to view who...
  4. addict

When angels go BAD!

Well, I'm now two-for-two when it comes to Centropyge in a reef... :( I added two angels about 2-1/2 weeks ago, a Potter's Angel, and a Flame Angel, and for the most part, the two of them were well-behaved for the first week... then the Potter's went bad... he decided my clams were food, so...
  5. addict

New additions - photo intense (dial-up beware!)

Well, over the past couple of days, we've added some new stuff for our reef, so I thought I'd share. The first batch of stuff we ordered through coralfanatics.com, a great little site that has some nice stuff. Then we decided to finally take the LFS tour of Sacramento, CA that we've always...
  6. addict

Wavetimer on a budget... and it works great!

Well, normally I don't post links to other forums, but I just had to share this one: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=469673 This thread describes how to take a $5 WalMart timer (mechanical) and modify it so that instead of rotating once every 24 hours, it rotates about...
  7. addict

Howdy All

Well, it looks like I'm gonna be back for a while... I'm kinda like a herpe... I go away for a long time, then show up when you least expect it. :D Anyway, as of the beginning of the year, I'm no longer affiliated with RAG. There was a certain member over there that liked to spew a lot of BS...
  8. addict

My tank at 9 months.

Well, it's been a realllly long time since I posted a pic of my tank, so I figured (with some prompting from Gina) that I'd better post a new one. :) This is the most recent shot I have... I'm currently suffering from a bout of red bugs, and the interesting thing is you can literally tell...
  9. addict

OT: Hi, It's me

Hi everyone, Well, I'm not sure where to start, and this kinda feels awkward, so please bear with me. :) Anyway, I heard through the grapevine, about a week ago, that I'd had a 'falling out' with Reef Sanctuary, and I just wanted to come back and hopefully correct the misconception...
  10. addict

New Zoanthids!

Well, we put in an order to Reefer Madness for some blue zoanthids two days ago, and we ended up receiving a better colony than what we ordered (packing mix-up). The colony we ordered was mostly green, with a small amount of blue in it, but what we got was this. :D
  11. addict

Look what the stork brought today...

Well, I got a visit from the FedEx stork this morning, who dropped off these little guys... they look pretty good considering they spent about 40 hours in transit (but that's a whole nuther story... :D ). Now the fun begins... the feeding, the burping... thankfully I don't have to change...
  12. addict

The escape artist

I guess I'll start at the beginning... Two weeks ago we added a cleanup crew from wctropicals, and just for kicks we also had them send us a black clown goby along with the order, figuring it would be a cool little coral-perching fish like our old green clown goby had been. In true fashion...
  13. addict

Amazing reef!

I was browsing around the web using Google, when I came across this reef: :drooool: <--- (best description I can come up with)... :D You can find information on it here: Alex's Reef Pages Just wanted to share with everyone... this tank is just gorgeous... makes me a little jealous... :D
  14. addict

Combining halide bulbs

This is an open question to all reef gurus... Let's start by saying that I've been toying with the idea of removing my power compact actinic lighting, and replacing it with two 250w XM 20K halides. I currently run Ushio 10K's as my primary lighting, because you can't beat the growth rates...
  15. addict

Zoanthid problem... anybody seen this?

Well, after battling nudibranchs this morning, I got to looking over some of the other stuff and found something else that's somewhat disturbing... one of my zoa colonies appears to have some sick zoas... This is the first time I've seen anything like this, and searching really didn't help...
  16. addict

Ack! Nudibranchs!

Well, the wife pointed out a spot on one of our corals that was a widening white spot this morning. Realizing it was tissue recession, I got an iodine dip together and dropped it in... I was blowing on the receding spot with an eyedropper when I noticed some polyps that were out and getting...
  17. addict

Crazy new fish... or is it a lizard?

Well, we stopped in at the LFS last evening to see what they had got in new stock, and we found something new that we hadn't seen... a Lizard Blenny. He is just the coolest little fish, with a great disposition and colorful markings. It gets the name 'Lizard' because his head resembles a...
  18. addict

He shoots... he scores!!!

Well, I decided that I'd give Clams Direct one more try, since Barry is such a great guy... ;) New arrivals were up this morning, so this time we quickly found the stuff we wanted, and luckily all were still in the cart when we were checking out. :D Anyway, I'll get right to the pix... and...
  19. addict

new goodies (with pix)

Well, one of our LFS got a transhipped SPS order from Fiji this afternoon, so of course I had to be the first one in the shop to pick. :D Here's the first set, neither of which are identified... I know that one's an acropora, but other than that I'm clueless... (I'll figure them out later)...
  20. addict

New SPS... ID please?

Well, I scored this awesome coral last night at the LFS. It was a local trade-in from somebody that had been keeping it under VHO lighting. They also had a couple of frags of it, but they wanted almost as much for them as they wanted for the whole colony... so I decided the colony was going...