Search results

1. J

Protein Skimmer causes profanity

I have had my RSM 250 for over a year now. Every single week I am messing with the protein skimmer. I will get it tuned and the next day it has either overflowed or is producing nothing. I have tried all the suggestions that have been listed to no avail. So, here is the deal - I want to...
  2. J

Refug on RSM 250

Hey Dudes! This may be a stupid question, but I am planning on adding a refug to my RSM 250 and want to determine the best way to do it. First, here is the link of the design I am building out: Ok, right now I have a pump in the sump that goes to the chiller. The chiller then goes back into...
  3. J

An interesting fix for an undersized top off

I have a RSM 250 and purchased the Tunze Nano Osmolator. I think that this is slightly too small for the 250. There is a automatic cut-off after 90 seconds. For some reason, there are times when the pump takes more than 90 seconds to complete the top off. The issue was that if the pump...
  4. J

Morgan's RSM 250 Project

I figured it was about time that I start my tank chronicle. Short version is that years ago I had a beautiful 100g bow front corner tank. After a while the tank developed a huge leak. I ended up taking it apart, giving all the live rock and lifestock to the lfs and taking the the entire...
  5. J

Really Blue Tank

Hey - Sorry for the cross post but I originally posted this in the RSM forum but thought this might be a better home for it: Mornin’ all! My RSM 250 continues to grow into ‘awesomeness’! One thing I’d like to change is the lighting. I want to keep the stock T-5’s but the tank is extremely...
  6. J

Blue Tank- Call for LED suggestions with RSM 250

Mornin’ all! My RSM 250 continues to grow into ‘awesomeness’! One thing I’d like to change is the lighting. I want to keep the stock T-5’s but the tank is extremely ‘blue’. I’ve seen various posts about others adding led strips. But I have no idea what I need that would counteract the deep...
  7. J

Mandarin compatibility?

Hi - I have a RSM 250. I currently have a Spotted Mandarin (also called Target Mandarin or Synchiropus Picturatus) that is doing awesome in my tank. I would like to add a Blue Mandarin (Pterosynchiropus Splendidus) but not sure if they are compatible? It seems like everywhere I look, I get...
  8. J

HELP! Coral ID - what is this?

Hi - I am really new to corals. I was given two frags but I have no idea what they are. Any ideas?
  9. J

HELP! RSM 250 Protein Skimmer-Stop me before I take a hammer to it!

I really want to like the RSM Protein Skimmer. I’ve even tried talking nicely to it. I’d bring it flowers if I though it would help! I’ve tried all the suggestions on here as far as where to place the skimmer door, opening up the air valve, etc. But it seems to have a mind of it’s own...
  10. J

I have an ugly tank!!!

My tank officially has cycled to the point of UTS. And it is UGLY! It is ugly enough to scare a buzzard off a gut wagon! I dropped a small clean-up crew in this week (I have an RSM 250). However, I think this might be too big of a job for them. I’m thinking of getting a lawn mower this...
  11. J

Morgan's Used Red Sea Max 250

Hi - A few weeks ago I purchased a used RSM 250. It was in pretty good condition. The only things I had to replace was the skimmer o-rings, skimmer collection cup, water cooling fan, T-5’s, and heater. I added a chiller and cabinet cooling fan. To kick start it I found someone that was...