Search results

1. lgerold

I'd like to upgrade my Octopus NW200 with new pump

Hi! I would like to replace my Octopus 3000. It needs a new needle wheel impeller, and some o-rings. I've been unhappy with the amount of skimmate with the NW200 since purchase, so I'm thinking I should just scrap the pump and step it up with a better pump. I've done the mods, and have not...
  2. lgerold

OT~ Goodnight RS~

Hee Hee. Sweet dreams from me too!
  3. lgerold

Name it, please !

DaBird pegged it. Very difficult. Very disappointing. They shouldn't even be sold. Beautiful though!
  4. lgerold

Propagted Corals. Im seeing a pattern?

I'm thinkin', since we're supposed to be surprised, that he's using PC's.
  5. lgerold

IO salt question

Do the packages have complete data on them? Like a regular package does? It's possible that the salt didn't make the grade, but is satisfactory for stores to use. Close dated expiration date, etc.
  6. lgerold

Anti-Jump Proof

Hi! I put eggcrate over the tank. It has reduced the light. I also HATE having to remove and then replace the screen each time I feed or mess with the tank. At 5'2", I can barely see over the top of the tank, on my tippy toes to replace the screen. Hmm. Maybe I'll use your idea Doni!
  7. lgerold

here i go again... protein skimmer time!

Nice artwork!
  8. lgerold

The throat is higher then the base of the "cup" so skimmate collects below the throat, and then exits the cup through the tube.
  9. lgerold

I'd keep an eye on the nitrates. But, I think you'll see an increase in the skimmate. Can you make it a bit wetter again? When I set mine up, I got loads of dark skimmate for a week or so. My nitrates were at 8 ppm. After a week or so, the skimmate really cut back, and now my nitrates...
  10. lgerold

OT: Need you to revise this for me...

Re: Need you to revise this for me... I've been married for 22 years. Happily. Very happily. My hubby was cheated on in a previous relationship, and insecurity sometimes comes up with him. It aggravates me, but at least I understand his position. He can't completely forget the far past, and I...
  11. lgerold

Let's see some of those pony tanks

Neat thread! More pictures anyone?
  12. lgerold

OT: Happy Birthday Bg3489

Re: Happy Birthday Bg3489 Happy Birthday to you! Any reef gifts?
  13. lgerold

Probably due to the fact you don't have a lot of bioload?
  14. lgerold

Major Flood/Returjn pump problems

I had an overflow with a siphon wall, not a tube. Avoid it. It built up bubbles every day and had to be purged. I was always afraid of a flood. The J shaped tubes are more trustworthy.
  15. lgerold

How's the skimmer doing for you?
  16. lgerold

Those silly clowns

Man. Those are beautiful pictures! JFK, that Gonipora is HUGE! Tell us how you do it! Matt, I love the markings on your clown. Gorgeous!
  17. lgerold

Please Read!

Great point Travis. Any chance you can make the most recent post list longer? Justa thought...
  18. lgerold

Those silly clowns

Steve! You gonna start an aptasia photo thread?
  19. lgerold

OT: My New Build Big Enough for a Horse!

Re: My New Build Big Enough for a Horse! Like leaving your baby the first time!
  20. lgerold

Lorraine's Rebuilding of 125 gal Tank

Lorraine, those are beautiful frogspawns! I love the color variety. Very jealous....