Search results

1. R

My 125 Reef Build! Pics included duh!! :D

I have a small update for my build. Today I went to the local glass shop/repair and ordered the 5 baffles I am going to use in the 55 gallon sump. They cut the size that you need for you so that is a plus. Over the weekend I went to Home Depot and Menards, they charged 5 bucks more for the...
  2. R

Thanks! I have been waiting for about 8 months now to get a marine tank going so this is really getting me excited!
  3. R

Okay, thanks! I will definantly do that!! Plus that way I won't scuff up all of the overflow glass lol. If I did that I wouldn't be able to see anyway!
  4. R

Ahh, I just tried it and it does work. It is just a little tough, especially getting started!
  5. R

I will try it out tomorrow. The paint looks like its on there pretty good, laytex would come off easier though lol!!! I used laytex paint on the walls and the stuff peeled off where the corners met eachother, had to go over it again lol.
  6. R

I didn't use water based laytex, will a razor blade do the trick with rust-oleum?
  7. R

I didn't think of that until the third coat. That is when I said "aww heck with it" lol. Make mistakes, fortunantly this one won't kill the tank!
  8. R

Lol I know, I like the heavy load though! I think my biological filtration will be able to handle it all because I will have an ATS, a DSB in the sump, and I may very well have a 4" sandbed in the DT if I get a LTA. There are too many fish to only pick the ones that will fit in your tank!
  9. R

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin What would you recommend as far as screen size goes when you don't really know how much you are going to feed??? I honestly have no idea how much I will be feeding because I am building my screen before I get...
  10. R

The 55 is all that fits under the stand! If I had the room I would do a 75 gallon sump, but the 2x4s that hold the stand are in the way lol! I am really looking forward to just getting the cycle started! I learned my lesson, never buy a complete set up from craigslist. Next build everything will...
  11. R

Today I took the tape off the edges of the tank and flipped it upright. Looked at it to find that along the top frame the tape was on the glass, so now I have a little strip that I need to go over. After that I should be good! I will post some pictures tomorrow after I hopefully am able to get 5...
  12. R

Thanks! This tank was a bad purchase, or at least I payed too much initially for what I am redoing just to get it up again! Not to mention the fact that I am thinking of switching from the current VHOs to LEDs so I can keep SPS, an anemone, and a maxima clam! The LEDs will be controlled by an...
  13. R

I guess I should explain what my plans are for the tank. Personally, I like thinking about what this will look like. That seems to be what keeps me going and what makes me want to get this up and running! So for the support system of this tank: Obviously a 125 gallon tank, 72"x18"x24"(Really...
  14. R

After soaking, worked wonders I tell ya, wonders: Enough vinegar(I got a weird look from the cashier at the grocery store lol) After the first coat of paint: After the second coat:
  15. R

Tank Before Tear Down: Taking it down and 46 gallon holding tank(future QT tank) Tank before soak:
  16. R

This thread is delayed by two weeks or so, been busy working on this tank! To start out with I tore down the 125 gallon tank. When I bought it off of craigslist, the bottome frame was broken(of course I didn't find out until after I payed the guy, the stand had a wood lip which hides the frame...
  17. R

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin I have been looking into building an ATS for my 125 gallon tank for awhile now and am getting ready to build one. It will be a 10"x14.5" screen(two inches taller to compensate for the amount of screen going...
  18. R

Thinking BIG!

Currently I am getting a 125 gallon tank going but I like dreaming and looking into the future. My dream tank is a 1200 gallon L-shaped reef tank. The dimensions of each leg are 120"x48"x30" which is two 750 gallon tanks smushed together. Any way, I am trying to get a good estimate of what it...
  19. R

Storing Live Rock

I just want to get it so there is no visible algae. I don't want to put dead stuff in the tank to ruin everything. While the tank is torn down, I am going to build an algae scrubber. To prevent further growth. Although the dead stuff could get my cycle going, so I wouldnt need to do anything.
  20. R

Storing Live Rock

Next weekend my 125 gallon tank is being torn down to get a new black frame put on and I will be storing some live rock for a week or so. Most of the live rock is covered in hair algae, red turf algae, dino(brown snotty lookin stuff with bubbles on it), and some pieces have red bubble algae. My...