Search results

1. Spirofucci

Lifereef system owners: happy or sad?

Ha! I hear ya. You'll have to get another cabinet!
  2. Spirofucci

Were you looking at his customs for the 130 or 250?
  3. Spirofucci

I have a custom sump and two overflows from Jeff @ Lifereef. One overflow is a custom for the RSM 130 and one for a 34 gal Solona. While he is certainly not cheap, his stuff is a work of art imo. Lol, if a sump can be a work of art........ Anyway I highly reccomend him.
  4. Spirofucci

DianaKay's RSM 250

New Midas! These little guys have so much personality. I named mine Dr. Seuss, lol. As long as you have a decent cuc, don't worry about all that pest algae, it will go away! Great pics btw!!!!
  5. Spirofucci

DianaKay's RSM 250

Nice clowns! Looks like they have cool markings! edit: lol, those aren't your clowns, I thought I was on LSU's. In that case, nice Midas!!!! I think I can safely say that he will become your favorite fish. :)
  6. Spirofucci

Sully's 130

crap, daamn and total bummer! :smack: So sorry to hear this! I have done no research on those gobies and don't know anyone who has kept one except you. Hopefully it was not the temp, because he was doing fine for so long but I guess you'll never know. :(
  7. Spirofucci

Is additional flow really necessary ?

Imo, almost no such thing as too much light, filtration, or flow in a reef tank.........
  8. Spirofucci

Sully's 130

Great news on the Catalina goby. Glad there are not a Catalina goby police on here! :) I just got a Blue Spotted Jawfish and they were always thought to be a cooler water fish and would not do well in our reef tanks. But after reading the whole BSJ thread, this water temp thing turned out...
  9. Spirofucci

Konyak's RMS 130

I am pretty sure that Stevie T ships just about anywhere. I live in very Deep South Texas, that's almost as far away as Iceland. :)
  10. Spirofucci

Where does the extra food go?

I turn off the pumps also. But I also feed the corals 3 -4 time per week. This give the corals a better chance at catching the food and it doesn't get sucked up in the filter.
  11. Spirofucci

Blackbeltmom's RSM250 Build

Wow! How do you like those Radions so far?? Did I read that you installed them in the hood? Isn't that a lot of heat in there? Tank look incredible btw. Love yer blue dart fish! I just lost mine a couple of months ago. For some reason not too many folks have them.
  12. Spirofucci

Another RSM 130 with Ecotech radion!!

I had the "old" Radion over mine for about a year, and last month just put the new Pro over it. I think it looks great! Colors are improved and it has a warmer look to. In all honesty, I cannot say that this was a dramatic change though.
  13. Spirofucci

130d vs 250

Congrats on the 250 decision! No matter what, bigger is always better. :)
  14. Spirofucci

RED SEA pimped to the MAX 130D

Wow JK, nice RSM. Tank ans scape look great, and that sump is killer!
  15. Spirofucci

DianaKay's RSM 250

Midas, the best reef fish ever! You are gonna love that guy. A lost of fish vendors keep their salinty low because it cuts down on disease and parasites. Just do what yer doing and you'll be fine! Pics soon we hope!
  16. Spirofucci

Konyak's RMS 130

Looking good in there Mr. Konyak! I don't think the those bio rings/matrix stuff is that bad really, but I don't think they add that much since you have all that rock and sand in there for more than enough bio filtration. If anything I think you'll want to use some GFO or Chemipure elite...
  17. Spirofucci

Multiple Tanks into one Sump

I have two 34 gal's hooked up to one sump. For me just an extra overflow and extra return pump. Works great!
  18. Spirofucci

Konyak's RMS 130

I'd love to see this in action! Design looks great!
  19. Spirofucci

Sully's 130

Nice RSM Sully! I like you choice of fish, you don't see most of thjose guys in a nano. How's the Catalina goby doing?? LOL, my wife's phone is also my camera! :(
  20. Spirofucci

Rob's RSM130D Tank

Congrats on the RSM! Its cool that you already had the best mods done already! The 9002 can take a while to break in and can still be pia to adjust properly, imo. There is an easy/cheap airline mod you can do for it, and it works well if you get a good valve for it. Since you purchased it...