Search results

1. Mperkins92

Fluval M60! First tank in 5 years!

Yesterday I was checking out my LFS and was surprised to see the same M60 set up that was there a year ago and ended up buying one. I wanted one before but had convinced myself a RSM was the only tank that size that would work for me but seeing their success changed my mind. The kit I got...
  2. Mperkins92

Getting back to salt

Yea that was just a year after I was born. I'm thinking maybe something no larger than a 50 now. And I'll have a lot of unions in the plumbing for comparably easy break down. Maybe easy isn't the right word though
  3. Mperkins92

Getting back to salt

Thanks I'm currently 22 and plan on living in and fixing houses so that i can eventually get into a nicer neighborhood which is why i want it to be semi mobile. I am thinking around 50 gallons. Also i want to spend more money on startup to save money over time. has anybody switched from T5 to...
  4. Mperkins92

Getting back to salt

Hi I used to have a large reef tank but had to break it down. I'm finally settled into my new home and would like to get another setup started. I want a movable tank as I'm not sure how long I'll live here. I want to stock 2 clownfish, and a watchmen goby/ pistol Shrimp in a reef tank...
  5. Mperkins92

I want to start a salt tank again, help wanted

Thats what i figured my last reef tank taught me pretty well if you try to buy a cheaper version of something all your doin is wasting money lol. rapidled it is
  6. Mperkins92

Thanks for the input steve. I'm going to look into that do ya mind me askin what kind of corals you're keeping and how long you've been using that light? it sounds like a great deal
  7. Mperkins92

thankyou i'm definetly going with glass after the overwhelming opinion and also the skimmer is something i'll be going with. Probably going to pick one up from BRS (am i allowed to metion online stores here? if not i'll edit and remove this part) i'm hinking of going for a reef octopus unit...
  8. Mperkins92

I looked into rapid led over a year ago for my last tank they did look promising but can i achieve similar programming on a diy build compared to something like Aqua illumination? thankyou reefer gladness!
  9. Mperkins92

Thank you all for the information! i wish i could go bigger but my tank needs to able to move without a huge ordeal. i'd like to get a LED for the long term financial savings any tips for reefing on a budget? i've already been hittin craigslist hard. luckily i didnt sell my RO/DI i used to brag...
  10. Mperkins92

Thats what i thought as well. i've heard and believe over skimming is always the best way to go any reccomendations for skimmer brand or tank rating to look for? i would probably chance a RBTA for the tank but i'd like to advance into coral propagation someday and i dont want a nem rolling...
  11. Mperkins92

Hello everybody. I used to have a 90 gallon salt tank setup but had to break it down when i moved. I'm finally starting to get settled in and i want to start piecing together a new tank. something around 40 gallons. My plan so far is a 40 with a sump/refugium my unknown however is...
  12. Mperkins92

fish tank withdrawal

Anything at all?
  13. Mperkins92

fish tank withdrawal

I recently moved and had to get rid of my 85 gallon reef tank and it was very sad. Long story short I'm hoping to move soon but am unsure when that will be so I'm feeling the need to set up a nano cube until I can get into my own house and get started on a large tank. I've seen a lot of tanks...
  14. Mperkins92

90 gallon setup for sale

Also willing to ship depending in what you want
  15. Mperkins92

90 gallon setup for sale

$450 must sell soon. Willing to part out. All offers will be considered
  16. Mperkins92

90 gallon setup for sale

All the livestock has been sold $500 for the full tank setup
  17. Mperkins92

90 gallon setup for sale

There's two of them. He just split I was very excited a out it! This setup comes with a lot of extras as well.
  18. Mperkins92

90 gallon setup for sale

$600 the tank is still for sale
  19. Mperkins92

Compendium maybe?

after a lot of looking around for LEDs i've noticed there are a lot of different brands that look very similar, however there are a lot of garbage units. I'm hoping we could gather definitive information about these LEDs/units and hopefully keep the thread at a readable length. I'd like to...
  20. Mperkins92

90 gallon setup for sale

Bump $700 as is