Search results

1. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

Thanks Jet! Unfortunately the subways are only running north of 42nd street. Which doesn't really help me too much, but is a positive sign. On the bright note we have been able to stabilize our tank at 71 degrees by boiling water and floating it in containers and we got a thing to pump air...
  2. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

Unfortunately living in Manhattan the car battery isn't an option. I am going to look online to see if I can find an auto store within walking distance tomorrow. I am most worried about my hippo tang, midus blenny, anemone, and of course coral. The tank is hovering around 68 degrees and we...
  3. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

So good news is my family and I are safe from hurricane Sandy... bad news is we are going on 30 hours with no power. We have been mixing the water for oxygen every 30 minutes or so, but the tank is down to 69 and my apartment is getting colder. At what point should we consider the corals and...
  4. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

TaaDaa! Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  5. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

Thanks! This is my first hammer, I have always wanted one. If you have any pointers let me know :p Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  6. Haaileybop

New Guy Here

Hello and welcome! Its always nice to see new faces and tanks! Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  7. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

I'm getting this beauty today from someone that doesn't want in his tank :) Its over 8 inches across! I'll post pics when its in my tank. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  8. Haaileybop

Happy Snails!

I thought I would give a visual update! Before: After: Yay! Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  9. Haaileybop

what fish would you recommend ?

Midus blenny is one of my favorite fish and should get along fine with your others :) Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. Haaileybop

Cuc

Do you have hermits that are making a snack out of your snails? I order probably order every 4 to 6 months.
  11. Haaileybop

Anybody have experience eradicating brown algae?

Good luck with the CUC! Let me know how it goes :-)
  12. Haaileybop

Trigger Pods

I am sure they are around! Just be patient. I pretty much only add my pods to my sump and my mandarin is nice and fat :) Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  13. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

Thanks :). We are going on our honeymoon over Christmas and New Years. I can't wait! On a separate but similar note, I am thinking on maybe making the move towards sps. You just cannot beat the magnificent colors. What parameters should I begin to start monitoring? Also what additional...
  14. Haaileybop

Anybody have experience eradicating brown algae?

I had an outbreak myself just a few weeks ago from my tank sitter over feeding my tank. I order a new cuc from reef cleaners and picked up some turbos at the LFS, its now almost completely gone now. Woot! And of course I did w/c's. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  15. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

Thanks :) Here is a picture of the new corals And of the wedding :) And while I'm at it lol the new kitten Hopefully the photos post OK this is my first time posting pictures from tapatalk! Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  16. Haaileybop

Is this coral dying, if so what could be the cause?

Need more information about your water. How long have you had that particular coral for? I can't really tell from the photo, its a purple torch? They are super picky about flow, you may want to move it to a new spot. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  17. Haaileybop

JET's new Bangkok 230g tank

WoW I cannot believe that it's only been five months. What a ride! Keep up the good work. :) Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  18. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

Thanks guys :) I got two new coral colonies and a zoa frag on Thursday. I will take some pictures today!
  19. Haaileybop

80 Gallon Cube System

:) thanks Yeah I didnt have the guts to drill my 35g hex. I did have a sponge in my overflow, it helped a bit; but the gurgling still persisted! lol I guess somethings you cant win. I am really digging my current setup with the overflow, it works great so far.
  20. Haaileybop

Sump refugium DIY question

I did a DIY sump too using a 20g L. I went with your option one style one I did it. Its been running for over a year now. Its great, tons of room in the fuge. I probably have around 20lbs of rock in there along with cheato. I did acrylic baffles. If I had to do it again, I would go with...