Search results

1. Jackalope

Acan Names lol

Seriously... has anyone looked at the rediculously ignorant names coming up on these new color mod'd acans? lol what happend to more professional names of these corals? -Party like its your birthday Acan -Hotwheels on Roids Acan -Incredible Hulk Super Acan -OMG MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE ACAN...
  2. Jackalope

Gruesome Linkia

OK ok ok... i'm not posting any pics of this guy atm. way to horrid looking. kids may have nightmares etc etc. -My Blue Linkia i've had in my tank now for oh... 18months nearing 2 years-ish has decided to melt. this happend w/in 24 hours. all but one leg was melting. now ive kept water perams...
  3. Jackalope

new thought

ok so i see all this RSM stuff and how this (looks over his shoulders) "Group" of people have there own spot in the forums.... i am suggesting a .... (drum roll) --Custom Tank Members Forum-- i had to do this. i feel spunky and thought i would toss out some laughs heheh.
  4. Jackalope

DIY Siphon Surger

ok so im considering building a siphon surger for my 180 DT. im not sure on exactly or even Approx. how much water i need to surge volume-wise any ideas? im breaking away from sps to more lagoonal so i know this will actually be less than i origionally planned with sps dominated. so with that i...
  5. Jackalope

Changing Salt Question

OK, so ive praised Aquavitro Salinity for a tad over a year now and from what ive gathered from personal ex. and from others including my LFS which is actually a really smart individual lol. i have gained the fact that Salinity being a mech./chem. "man-made" salt a.k.a. synthetic, its come to my...
  6. Jackalope

PS3 Black Ops

oh wth, i am suggesting something of a lounge area for us black ops players. something off topic and when we arent talking about how to kill ea. other, we can chat about more important things like our neglected tanks, etc. and all that other salt stuff. im sure Juan would give a thumbs up on...
  7. Jackalope

Q on What kind of shrimp

ok my wife's 40 gallon corner tank is now in need of a shrimp (hopefully) that will eat all the little guys like small worms etc. YES, i know they are soooo "beneficial" (the worms), but i dont want them. needs to be reef safe. I already have a coral banded in my 180 and he does a good job. i...
  8. Jackalope

Before You BUY

just a little heads up on the CREE LED lighting systems that most of us drool over and see the pricing. check where your product is made. there's Serious markup on these buggers and its all because of the rave. for instance: Dimmable CREE LED Aquarium light 60w products, buy Dimmable CREE...
  9. Jackalope

Purple Goniapora (flowerpot) ISSUES

Ahhhh K. i have a purple flowerpot... ok X that. its my Wife's as i would never get one, but yeah she wanted it so hear i am trying to figure out what in the WORLD parameters/temp/waterflow/etc. these guys like and feeding... seriously ive raised brains from the dead, but i can get this guy to...
  10. Jackalope

Omg! Id pls...

i found this thing Lurking about my glass. it does an excellent job cleaning the outside somehow, but is it coral safe?!?
  11. Jackalope

ok wife wants a clam.

ive tried a few dif. clams before and they've died. 2 because they where actually missing there foot from LFS, so they were doomed from the start. another died... well idk why, but i'd like to know whats the lowest light type of clam. ive heard the golds by far need the highest amount, but i...
  12. Jackalope

LIGHTING... in depth discussion

i would like to start a discussion/debate on Lighting itself. A few things to think about here would be. - what type of lighting is available for our hobby? - what do these types have over each other for there use? --Everyone Pls. Note: this is Not to lead to any flaming or who is...
  13. Jackalope

New Skimmer Time!

OK... i have 250-ish gallons of total water volume. I'm looking into getting a new skimmer soon and only want an octo., BUT there's about 3 dif. types and dont know what outperforms what. it must be an in-sump. not inline. What's ya'lls ideas? only sps i have are 2- monti caps. rest are lps...
  14. Jackalope

Pain!

just had lipotrypsy (spelling?) done... one 1.25cm kidney stone blasted to smitherines via sound bombardment! yes... best darn 1.5 hours of sleep ive had in ages lol. although the sight of passing blood is gruesome, i'm STILL... HERE!!!:rainbow:
  15. Jackalope

James 180 w/ 40 Wife-tank

Wow here i go. this is going to be a long proccess of a post. --Main Display Tank-- 180 gallon Viewable from 3 sides, 2 koralia #4's running circular loop, 1.5" sandbed for asthetics and sandbed cuc happiness, not near enough LR but some is curing as this is being posted! running a...
  16. Jackalope

T5 Reflectors

ok looking for all opinions on the best T5 reflectors available... wanting something that wont stain and/or corrode in a year. polishing maintanance is not a problem. Reefgeek has some ... TekII is good... a couple others i forget name. Post your oppinion pls!
  17. Jackalope

New to RS!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone! short post at the moment due to some re-configuring of my T5's, but moreless ive been into saltwater for about 8ish years. Currently have a 180 gallon with 30gallon sump, and 8- bulb T5 setup, mostly into australian corals but have an sps (red cap.), and some...