Search results

1. blackbeltmom

Blackbeltmom's RSM250 Build

Well, it's been a while......I had issues and had to sell the 120. Downsized to a 60 cube for a while and hated it. Here is my 90 that has been running since around Thanksgiving.
  2. blackbeltmom

Using Foam Insulation in a sump

I am a little confused. I think of the insulation as hard/brittle. I hold the pump up and the vibration stops. I thought if the insulation doesn't leach anything, it would be be better since it would not trap detritus like filter pad?
  3. blackbeltmom

Using Foam Insulation in a sump

So I have been having issues with my return pump vibrating, even with the rubber feet on it. It was suggested to me to use the expanded polystyrene foam sheet insulation, that you buy at Lowes, like I sat my sump on. Is this safe, does it leach anything?
  4. blackbeltmom

Placing a tank beside a fireplace

That is interesting. I had a 100 gallon freshwater tank(and eventually satlwater) across the room from the insert for over 20 years. It was slightly off center and not directly infront of the fireplace. Then last winter, I had a 120 sitting about two feet further back than the 100, so it was not...
  5. blackbeltmom

Placing a tank beside a fireplace

My husband asked me if we put a 60 cube to the right of our fireplace/insert, the back side of the tank and the fireplace would be on the same wall. The area is 40 inches wide, the stanks is 36 inches and the tank is 24 by 24 inches. Do you think that it will get too warm when we have a fire? We...
  6. blackbeltmom

March 19th Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte featuring Mr. Saltwater Tank

There will also be an auction and raffle for all attending club members. We will list items as we collect them and we welcome donations. Right now we have 2 RODI units (one from Air, Water, and Ice and one from BRS) and food from Reed Mariculture.
  7. blackbeltmom

Blackbeltmom's 120 Peninsula Build

Thanks, Owen.
  8. blackbeltmom

November 9th, we moved everything from the Red Sea.
  9. blackbeltmom

Wanted to have the electronics outside the tank, so designed this cabinet that my husband built for me. Slides between the tank and the wall.
  10. blackbeltmom

On November 1st, we put in water and sand.
  11. blackbeltmom

Then the sump arrived... p
  12. blackbeltmom

Then, I started to work on the canopy. It came with ventilation holes already in the top of the canopy, so added two fans and then two Radion Gen 3 Pro.
  13. blackbeltmom

Finally got the nerve to upgrade from my RSM250 to a120 gallon peninsula. Here is the tank before we it was delivered.
  14. blackbeltmom

Well, the tank is up and everything is moved.
  15. blackbeltmom

Well, I hate to say, but I will be leaving the RSM club...... RSM with mods, including two Radion Second Gen in hood, includes chiller, ATO. New tank will be delivered, Wednesday 9/23. Then the planning begins. Never had a sump before.
  16. blackbeltmom

filter media

You should have had one more choice in your poll. I used both.
  17. blackbeltmom

ATO can't keep up with evaporation

I have been thinking about a larger container, but that won't help with the problem.
  18. blackbeltmom

ATO can't keep up with evaporation

Been gone all day, so just down seeing these. I know that the time sets on JBJ and that it comes set to 4 minutes. I have adjusted it to run 13 minutes. That is the maximum. I have a new Eheim 1250 pump for top off pump. It has six foot head. Didn't have the problem before I changed fans, but...