Search results

1. KeyserSoze

LED Tank Lighting

http://www.solarisled.com/ This link was posted on our local reef club site and was getting very little reaction other than the price. I wouldn't or couldn't afford the price either but I'm very excited about the claims made on the site. The adjustability and cost savings over the long term...
  2. KeyserSoze

What to Feed Percula Clown Fry?

A friend just had a gazillion clown fry hatch in her tank. She turned off the pumps and got as many as possible out and placed them in a 5g hex tank with a heater and airstone. She has read that if they can make it past the first 10 days they have a decent survivability rate. All they could...
  3. KeyserSoze

First Time Testing Calcium and Alkalinity

Since I'm wanting to go to SPS and Clams in the future I decided I needed to start testing Cal. and Alkalinity. I bought 2 test kits today but I'm not sure of the results. I think that the cal was over 400. On the instructions it said to keep adding drops until it was the target color. Once...
  4. KeyserSoze

Pex Plumbing?

Has anyone used Flair-it Pex pipe connectors? I used them this weekend for the first time on a bathroom project and was impressed. They're supposed to be rated to around 2000+ psi and you just "snap" them together. Has anyone used them for aquarium applications and if so what?
  5. KeyserSoze

Dr Fosters & Smith

I use this site for nearly all of my on-line purchases. Shipping can run a little high but it can be more than made up if I'm ordering several thing at once. I recently ordered replacement bulbs for my 96w PC. The 10k bulb was defective and had to be returned. I called the day it arrived and...
  6. KeyserSoze

hi from Kansas

I've been a member of this forum for over a month now and never posted a hello here. I thought that now I've gotten familiar with a few of the names and how things work it'd be a good time to really introduce myself. Obviuosly I live in Kansas. I have 3 dogs, 3 cats and 3 tanks. A 65g, 28g...
  7. KeyserSoze

2X10g Refugium Idea

I have this idea but I'm not even sure if it could be made to work. I'd like any and all help on modifying this to be workable. If it's just not doable please let me know. I can take it. :thumbup: I'm just trying to come up with a way to put a refugium under my tank that would have enough...
  8. KeyserSoze

How big is small enough?

I have a 65g that I'd love to add a refugium underneath. The stand is a factory 2 door model. Each door is only 21"X12". A 10g would go in easy and a 20g tall *may* fit through door with inside clearence (doubtful). Now I could build one from acrylic but by my calculations I would only gain...
  9. KeyserSoze

Adding NO Flourescents or not?

I have a 2X96 watt PC fixture on my 65g. It has worked fine for what I've had in there so far.(Frogspawn, Hammer, Mushrooms and Finger Leather) 1 month ago I added my first SPS coral. A Green Pavona frag. It is now placed about 6" under the surface and has shown definite growth. I'm...
  10. KeyserSoze

Another Clam Lighting Question

I have a 65G that's been going for 1 1/2 yrs. I would like to get a Clam but am unsure of the lighting I have. I've read that T. Squamosa and T. Derasa can grow under PC lighting. I have 192 watts and would be placing about 12" under lights. Does anyone have experience that would suggest...
  11. KeyserSoze

Clear Sea Squirts

My wife got some small peices of live rock for her 28g. About a week after being placed in the tank small sea squirts showed up. (about 1 cm long) Sorry can't get a good picture but have positively id'd from book. Book lists them as very toxic. (Anthony Calfo Reef Invertabrates) Can anyone...