Search results

1. sk8rdn

Sk8rdn's Rolling 50 Gallon

Thank you, Larry. You may be right. I do have a grounding probe on the 50, but I only have one, and so there wasn't one on the 40B. I suppose this could be a cause. I guess when I think of stray current, I'm thinking of when a heater or something totally craps out and I stick my hand in and...
  2. sk8rdn

That may be for the mandarins, and (remotely) possibly for the Wardii, but for sure not the tang. Like I said, if it was contaminants, it should have been taken care of by the water changes. Or at least, I think so. Unless its coming from the tank itself... ....When I Grow Up, I Want To Be...
  3. sk8rdn

Not all the fish that have died in this tank were in at the same time. First to go was the juv Atlantic blue tang. about a week. Eating fine, swimming great. Then dead. Drained over 50% of the water, cleaned all the equipment. About a week or so later, I got my Wardii goby. He went in the...
  4. sk8rdn

50/50 it is. Thanks.
  5. sk8rdn

No, just the 40B I got as a QT for the 350's new fish. I ended up moving the mandarins to it when I was having issues with the filter on their little 12G isolation tank. Guess that was a bad idea. The 50 will still be running, but the only thing I'm buying for that will be salt. The 350 is...
  6. sk8rdn

Sk8rdn's BIG 350 Gallon Adventure

Appeared to be.
  7. sk8rdn

See 50 gallon thread for more info. New deaths. 350 is on hold till spring 2013 at least. ....When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Just Like Mattmoo...
  8. sk8rdn

More deaths to report. Neo and Trinity are both dead. I'm down to assuming it is some kind of contaminant in the 40B tank. Despite water changes, it appears to still be there. Everything is getting torn down and packed away. I'm also sad to say that I've decided with the recent issues I've...
  9. sk8rdn

Thanks Al. I have been running carbon in the HOB. Because it's a power filter, all I have to do is pull the carbon pads if I needed to medicate. Otherwise, I think it helps with water quality and stability so I usually leave it in on the QT.
  10. sk8rdn

While a foreign contaminate (insert Wall-E picture here) is always a possibility, my two mandarins are in this tank (as I had a power filter die and leave me short one) and they are and have been doing fine. I'd think that it would hit them first... Airborne is also possible, but again, it...
  11. sk8rdn

Couldn't tell ya the pH of the bag, came from the LFS with a 5 min drive home. Plus, death was a week later. More than enough time to cope with any sudden changes. I agree that it is odd that i'm having deaths like this at random. It's starting to piss me off... As to Lee, last i heard he was...
  12. sk8rdn

Must be a curse on this forum or thread. When I post a pic of a fish to this page, the animal dies. Readings as of removing the fish carcass. He was alive yesterday, as I showed him to my grandmother when she came over. 77 F 1.025 0 ammonia 5< nitrite 0 trates 8.4 pH Why do you think my pH...
  13. sk8rdn

As soon as I released him from the bag in the pic above, he instantly hid in the pvc pipes and refuses to make it easy for me to photograph anything except a small sliver of his face and an eyeball... He's a wryly little one...
  14. sk8rdn

Well, after the debacle with AquaCon, I ended up ordering my Wardii through a special order at my LFS. So here he is going into QT:
  15. sk8rdn

hammerhead gold barracuda hybrid

Trial and error. I'm in the same boat, buddy. ....H20 incapable....
  16. sk8rdn

Thanks Glenn. ....H20 incapable....
  17. sk8rdn

Thank you :) ....H20 incapable....
  18. sk8rdn

Well my wife's Atlantic Blue Tang died in the QT overnight on the 30th. No signs of disease, was eating well and swimming actively the whole time, water is fine. Kinda thinking this was just a specimen that didn't adapt well to captivity.
  19. sk8rdn

Thanks! Next on the list is to order the C2C overflow box and then add it onto the tank, and then cut my new overflow channel into the back.
  20. sk8rdn

He came "running" out tonight to finish off a snail that a crab had started eating... Moves damn fast for a star....