Search results

1. T

My 90 gallon reef

I have just hit the 9 month mark. I of had to go through the typical 2 months of damsels, live sand, and live rock. Then had to wait for the cured live rock, to actually finish its curing and nitrate leaching stages, "another 2 months". :smack: Then I went through a few equipment...
  2. T

ORP ups and downs

Can anyone tell me of a way to decrease ORP? Most all info is on how to increase ORP, not decrease. I know that a reading of 375-385 is optimum, but I generally have it hovering about 390-400. I do not have an ozonator, so that is not my problem. I know that 400 is not extreem, but is aproaching...
  3. T

Wanted to say thank you to all..

I am now on month 9 of my tank and all is doing wonderfully. I wanted to say thank you to all who have helped me with answers to my questions. Thanks again everyone!! The1poolman 90 gallon tank, PM 30gallon sump "No bio balls", Euro reef rc135 skimmer, Korallin C-1502 calcium reactor...
  4. T

metal halide

I am looking to change to halides finally. My question is what wattage should I purchase for the halides? I am looking between 2 X 125 watts or 2 X 250 watts. I am going to be doing a combonation of stony corals, sps and misc polyps. The tank is 90 gallons, 24" tall with about 200lbs of rock...
  5. T

Hello all, and can anyone help.

I am new to this site and somewhat new to reef keeping. I have been doing salt water since the earth started to cool, but reef keeping is another thing. I am in the midst of starting to set up my 100 gallon reef tank. My main questions surround equipment setup to start with. I know that...
  6. T

Too many options

I am in the midst of starting to set up my 100 gallon reef tank. My main questions surround equipment setup to start with. I know that there are many opinions out there on setups, but one can only do one for each tank. I have 125lbs of live rock, 6 inches of live sand/fine gravel mix. I use...