Search results

1. carlfike

Lego mosaic

So my wife, who's very artistic, and myself who loves legos are thinking about doing some lego mosaics of popular fish and coral. Do you folks think we'd be able to sell them? They are pretty cool when finished. Only problem is they take forever to make and are kind of expensive.
  2. carlfike

350g plywood build

So i decided to build a large plywood tank. I have already started the build and you can check it out on my site. It's probably going to be Cichlids, but that's not set in stone yet. http://floodingthecarpet.com/plywood-tank-build/
  3. carlfike

$50 gift cert from myreeftoyour!

Floodingthecarpet.com is running a giveaway for a $50 gift certificate from www.myreeftoyours.com We could all use some extra money for more coral! https://www.facebook.com/floodingthecarpet?sk=app_143103275748075&brandloc=DISABLE&app_data=dlt-1
  4. carlfike

Fishkeeper Spotlight

Hey folks. I started a hobby blog about fishkeeping. I'm looking to do a a monthly or perhaps even a weekly post called fishkeeper spotlight. I want to highlight fellow hobbyists tanks and knowledge. If you'd be interested in being a part of it send me a pm with your contact info or send an...
  5. carlfike

Swimming the reef.

I recently took a trip to San Pedro Belize to swim the reef. Thought You folks might enjoy. http://floodingthecarpet.com/2015/06/05/swimming-with-the-fishies/
  6. carlfike

Tank frame

Hey folks. It's been a while since I posted. I recently picked up a 150g. 48x24x31. It needs some work. Have to polish the glass and reseal it. My question is...it has a flimsy plastic frame that's all beat to heck. I'm thinking about removing it. I've been trying to find all replacement to no...
  7. carlfike

72" Apollo reef led kit.

I got out of the hobby. I planned on keeping these since I JUST bought them but life had other plans. 72 Tank SolarBlast Kit - Apollo Reef LED kits sells for $1299 I will sell for $1000 +shipping. I literally just bought these and use them for a month before I tore down. This is smoking...
  8. carlfike

Hydrogen peroxide as a tool for combating algae.

After having problems with algae for a while I stumbled upon some information about using hydrogen peroxide as a tool to help eliminate it. I thought that I should write up a nice post as a guide and to share my experience. Hydrogen peroxide (h2o2) is basically water with an extra oxygen atom...
  9. carlfike

Sump removal

I'm thinking about pulling my sump out this weekend and changing things a bit. Would a day or two without the sump harm anything? Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  10. carlfike

Long tentacle plate coral help!

So today I noticed this bad spot on the coral. other than that it's healthy and just eat a large piece of squid yesterday. Should I remove the dead portion? Should I just clean it real well? Should I leave it alone? Any input would be awesome. Everyone in the tank is fine. tank para 1.026...
  11. carlfike

Mist of pandera?

Any wow addicts gonna be up at midnight playing this? Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
  12. carlfike

Diy Ozone Reactor

After looking aournd on the net for hours I realized A) ozone reactors are crazy expensive, atleast for a decent one. B) I wanted to build my own. Well here it is. The "stuff" Acrylic tube $79 Scrap .25" and .5" acrylic $20 Weld on #4 $13 PVC parts $4 Everything else (bioball, glue...
  13. carlfike

Rodi system for sale/trade

I upgraded my rodi from a 40 gpd to a 75 gpd. I'm looking to sell or trade the 40 gpd system. I will ship. Located in phoenix az.
  14. carlfike

Clownfish fun.

He has a huge rbta but he prefers this instead.
  15. carlfike

Light Readings

I posted this on my tank thread but I'm posting here too for more visablity. I'd like some input on my lighting. Up/down/just fine? :ponder2: So i did some light reading this morning. I'd like some input from you guys. This is with BLue LEDS at 50% and white at about 60%. Bottom...
  16. carlfike

What do you use for Rodi and mixing?

I'm curious to see what people are using for storing Rodi water and mixing up salt. I use a couple brute cans but I've read that they can leach junk. What do you folks use?
  17. carlfike

Low ph

Hey folks I've been fighting low ph for about 3 weeks and I can't figure out what's going on. Maybe you guys can help. Tank para Ph 7.7 in morning 7.9-8.0 evening Temp 79 Alk 11 Cal 400-420 Mag 1350 Dissolved o2 8.0ish Orp 340 I tried a couple large water changes thinking that might help using...
  18. carlfike

Powerheads and controller for sale or trade.

I recently upgraded to a couple vortech mp pumps and I'm looking to get rid of the 4 Hydor Koralia 7 pumps rated for 2800gph each and the Hydor Smartwave controller. All these are less than 6 months old and have been cleaned up very well. Hydor Koralia Smart Wave Pump Controller Hydor...
  19. carlfike

Omg it's stinky...says the wife.

So I installed my ozone stuff Tuesday. Since them my tank has taken on a more rustic ocean smell than before. It's not ozone that we're smelling, it's that ocean smell you'd get at the shore or at a large aquarium. Any idea why the smell started? I'm thinking the ozone is breaking down all...
  20. carlfike

Ozone dropping orp reading?

I installed my ozone on my tank today. A Poseidon 220mg/hr unit with a Milwaukee controller. Air goes through a brs dryer into unit and out to reactor. I can smell the ozone when I disconnected the hose for a sec so I know it's working but my orp reading is steadily falling. Shouldn't it be...