Search results

1. carlfike

Lego mosaic

So we actually did it. We spent the last few months getting things setup. www.brickpixart.com Check it out and let me know what you folks think! Also that fish mosaic is on there in the original and in prints. http://brickpixart.com/product/anemone-hosting-clownfish-print/ We're also on etsy...
  2. carlfike

Lego mosaic

The markings are actually peg position. I mapped it out on a prog The markings are actually the peg positions. Mapped it out in a program I made and then put it together. The cost is kinda crazy. My wife and I are actually starting a small business doing this. Brickpixart.com should be up and...
  3. carlfike

Lego mosaic

It's finally finished. $520 in legos and about 30 hours of work. http://imgur.com/T93VcAH I'm really happy with how it turned out. We are going to have a few hi def prints made then it'll be up for sale.
  4. carlfike

Lego mosaic

It has begun. Lot more time consuming than I had imagined lol.
  5. carlfike

Lego mosaic

Lol that's awesome. I just finished spending $500 on legos for the mosaics. Maybe in a couple months I'll look into it lol.
  6. carlfike

350g plywood build

Updated my build page. http://floodingthecarpet.com/plywood-tank-build/
  7. carlfike

Lego mosaic

That's an awesome picture! Ya I'm not trying to make a killing or anything just recover costs and maybe a little bit extra. I think the lego mosaics look awesome when they are framed.
  8. carlfike

Lego mosaic

This is the picture i'm currently working on.
  9. carlfike

Lego mosaic

I haven't done it before. I have seen it done. I am in the process of getting things planned out for a small one. The legos alone will cost $300-400.
  10. carlfike

Lego mosaic

So my wife, who's very artistic, and myself who loves legos are thinking about doing some lego mosaics of popular fish and coral. Do you folks think we'd be able to sell them? They are pretty cool when finished. Only problem is they take forever to make and are kind of expensive.
  11. carlfike

350g plywood build

Lol twins are definitely a challenge. It's been fun for the most part. I haven't had a tank set up since Feb of 2014. Now that they are older and things have calmed down I'm really looking forward to getting back into the hobby. I have the big plywood in the works and two 40g breeders. One...
  12. carlfike

350g plywood build

Got the price back on the 3/4". It's almost exactly the same as the 5/8". I'm most likely going to go with that just to be on the safe side. I have 18m old twims. I need tap proof glass lol.
  13. carlfike

350g plywood build

I asked for some quotes on 3/4". I think the 5/8" was so expensive because it's not a normal thickness and needed to be special ordered. We'll see what the 3/4" will cost. Lol I didn't think the glass would be the most difficult item to procure. Go figure..
  14. carlfike

350g plywood build

Yes it will have a eurobracing with two 3" cross supports. I'm just leaving it off to make the glass install easier.
  15. carlfike

350g plywood build

I'm not sure we're on the same page here. There will be no glass in the tank except the viewing window. It's a plywood tank.
  16. carlfike

350g plywood build

Actually I'm going to fiberglass and pond armor the inside. The glass will just be for the viewing pane. Double the cost for an 1/8" just doesn't seem like it would be worth. I think the 1/2" would be ok but that's a lot of water to guess with lol.
  17. carlfike

350g plywood build

So I got a couple quotes back for glass. Shop 1 "Your price for a 68 1/2" x 33" Clear plate with high flat polish 5/8" will call will be $729.67. If you went with 1/2" you would be looking at $316.51" Shop 2 Here is pricing for 1ea. Clear 5/8" glass 68 1/2 x 33 material 766.00 tax 63.58...
  18. carlfike

350g plywood build

my daughter showing how big the tank is. She wants to get in it when I do a test fill lol.
  19. carlfike

350g plywood build

Glass is going to be 68.5" x 33" atleast 5/8" think. That should give me the safety factor I'm looking for. I did a test using 2x4 and those composite boards I made. 6' piece across a gap. Added 500 lbs of weights and the composite flexed a lot less than the 2x4. Also I think its lighter and the...
  20. carlfike

350g plywood build

Thanks. I'm working a little on it everyday. Having a heck of a time finding the glass for it. Seems every place I contact either doesn't respond or doesn't have what I need. If anyone in arizona knows a good glass place I'm all ears.