Search results

1. jesse_224

Temp.

I have a 3 gal. pico running. It is stocked with shrooms, gsp, zoas, and xenia. With the lights off the temp. stays at 78 degrees after the lights come on it stays around 82 degrees. I underrstand that temp. swings are bad, but when should i start to worry? Is a 4 degree swing THAT bad?
  2. jesse_224

DIY skimmer help

Has anyone heard of or does anyone have a link to a soda bottle KIY skimmer?
  3. jesse_224

Yellow Tang Question

I was at one of my LFS today discussing my hair algae problems. The lady there said I should get a yellow tang because one would help eat the algae I am having problems with. My tank is a 10 gal. with a 10g sump. I told her that everything that I had ever read said they shouldnt be kept in...
  4. jesse_224

Moving

Im moving and my fish will have to be in bags for about 24 hours. Anyone have any tips on moving? I only have a 10 gallon tank so there isnt alot to move but I just dont want everything to die on me.
  5. jesse_224

Algae Problems

Ok, here is my problem. For the last month and a half I have been fighting bubble algae pretty bad. I also have some hair algae, but not too bad. Last week I decided to take all of my LR out of my tank and clean the algae off. It has been pretty successful so far. The hair algae has decided to...
  6. jesse_224

Bubble algae

I have a serious bubble alge problem. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
  7. jesse_224

Help with pics

Is there a way for me to get more storage on RS or a way for me to post pics from somewhere else? I have less than 20 pics uploaded and am out of room.
  8. jesse_224

Bubble algae

I have a couple bubbles of bubble alge in my tank. Today I noticed two more bubbles but they were red. Is this different than the green bubble algae? It looks exactly the same, just red.
  9. jesse_224

Hellolights.com

I just wanted to give these guys props for fast and friendly service.
  10. jesse_224

Fragging GSP

The time has come for me to start fragging my GSP. I have had this colony for a few months and it is about five times its original size. I have read that the easiest way to frag them is to lay smaller peices of rock beside the GSP and let it grow onto the rock and then cut the mat with a razor...
  11. jesse_224

Can anyone ID this.....

It came on a peice of live rock I bought. Its spreads fast and seems to like high flow areas. It looks cool, I was just wondering what it is and if it is bad for my tank?
  12. jesse_224

St. Louis Mo

Anyone know of any good pet shops in the St. Louis area?
  13. jesse_224

Mad Reefer

Has anyone been to the Mad Reefer in Normal, IL ? I was thinking about driving up there and was wondering if it was worth the drive.
  14. jesse_224

PC lighting

Do PC lights have a shelf life?
  15. jesse_224

Newest member of my reef

Say hello to the newest member of my reef family. The guy at my LFS had trouble catching her and ended up cutting her head right above the right eye. I went aghead and bought her anyways and she is doing fine now. The cut healed up in 3 days. Another pic
  16. jesse_224

Id this guy

Hopefully this pic will be clear enough. I noticed one of these guys about a month ago. He is about the size of a thumbnail. Now I have two more but they are smaller.
  17. jesse_224

Frozen Food

I havent had any fish in my tank for a few months until yesterday. I added an oc. clown. Before when I had fish I fed two different kinds of dry food. I bought this one frozen food and im wondering about storage. Do you need to keep it froze? If not how long would it keep in the bottom of the...
  18. jesse_224

Protein Skimmer

Hi, I have had a Jebo PS75 for a while now and it is still sitting in the box. I know these arent supposed to be very good skimmers but I want to give it a go. When I first bought it a few months back I used it as a hang on for about a week, but since my tank is small it looked horrible so I...
  19. jesse_224

Jesse`s 10 Gal. Project

High guys, I just wanted to post a few pics from the beggining to now. I started this tank In Jan, or fed of this year. I started with just a 10 gal tank sitting on a counter and decided I wanted to try something new. I drilled the tank so I could put in a sump, and decided I wanted to build a...
  20. jesse_224

Cycle question

If I change the crushed shell substrate to sugar fine sand will my tank cycle again???