Search results

1. soriano

Culturing Pods

Is it ok to culture Tisbe and Tigger pods in the same bucket? or will the Tigger prey on the smaller Tisbe...?
  2. soriano

Water Change - Transfusion Method

Thanks for the response Dave! Yeah, I expected to lose some good water in the process but I'm good with that if it means not having to lug pails. As far as pumping out too much from the sump, the pour of the new water would be slow so that levels can be monitored. Yay! - Weekend Project!
  3. soriano

Water Change - Transfusion Method

What do you guys think of doing a water changes Transfusion Style? - Install a High-level float switch in the sump that is set for the correct water level of the sump. - Connect the switch to a Power Head in the sump (located at the front of the sump) that drains into a sink or floor drain. -...
  4. soriano

Treating Top off Water

cleaning the ATO tank would be always be #1, i was thinking more for redundancy
  5. soriano

Treating Top off Water

Have been reading some posts on ATO holding tanks and the possibility of PO4 being released in the holding tank due to uncleaned conatiners/bins. Assuming one has a GFO+carbon reactor - has anyone thought of running ATO line to an functioning GFO/Carbon reactor chain? I was thinking of placing...
  6. soriano

Pico Aeration

lol - was waiting for it... The pic doesn't do the tank size justice... There's actually quite a bit of swimming room available and the current from the ph is just enough to keep him stimulated...
  7. soriano

Pico Aeration

A pic of my 4G desk Pico. I have a small power head creating circulation and surface agitation, but I'm wondering if I need an air stone for added gas exchange... I have an air stone in there already... I'm just wondering if I can do without What do you guys think...
  8. soriano

questions on auto top-off and kalk

Thanks for the input, it makes sense and lines up with what I was concerned about. You've given me some things to consider... Anyone with advice on plumbing and usage of a kalk reactor?
  9. soriano

I figured that kalk water should be added slowly. I guess I can add a valve to to slow it's application... I've never used an auto top off and kalk reactor combo, so I'm wondering how one regulates how much kalk water is added with a float valve auto top off...
  10. soriano

They say to drip kalk water... but if it's connected to an auto top-off... wont it dump a lot of kalk water at once? ie. if an auto topoff dumps 1-1.5 liters of water before it turns off. is it safe to dose 1-1.5 liters of kalk water at once? Also, you know how kalk reactors have the pump...
  11. soriano

sump blueprints

Your concern about the power going out... are you concerned about the sump overflowing? Just make sure the water line in your sump is low enough to accomodate some back-siphon from the return pump if the power goes out. Or you can be extra safe and drill a hole near the top of your sump...
  12. soriano

Mugshot thread!

Moi
  13. soriano

Those with 30g or less

(If you don't have a sump) Are you skimming? If so, what skimmer are you using?
  14. soriano

dwarf angels and lps

Sweet! thanks for the info everyone!
  15. soriano

dwarf angels and lps

Do you think it's safe to keep dwarf angels like flames or bi-colors in a tank with LPS like frogspawn, torch, or brain?
  16. soriano

avg tds reading/

If I have a TDS of 1-2 after RO... do i really need the DI?
  17. frog1

frog1

18. tang1

tang1

19. fox

fox

20. soriano

5G skimmer

The 1/2"hose input is located in the back of the skimmer. It's fed by a 300gph power head located in a sump behind the skimmer. The return is also located behind the skimmer and back into the sump. There's a ball valve on the return so that I can control the height of the water in the...