Search results

1. P

Biocube 32 running for 1 week no fish what is this growing?

Wow, maybe it will reappear somewhere we can spot it and get rid of it then.
  2. P

As of this morning, its gone. We didn't do anything at all, but its not there anymore. Do these things move to different spots in the tank?
  3. P

Thanks for the reply. Is this something we need to get rid of now or wait until we put fish in the tank? There will be at least 2 more weeks before we put any fish in.
  4. P

We started a biocube 32 exactly 1 week ago. The local fish store sold us the tank, 2 bags of Nature's ocean aquarium live sand, live rock, and nature's ocean nutri sea water. Currently the tank does not have any fish or corals in it. The fish store advised us to wait until after a vacation in 2...
  5. P

Newbie Question - Buy Fish Store Water or Make my own

How long can you store ro/di water you make and how long can you store mixed up salt water before use?
  6. P

How to do water changes in a Red Sea Max 250 without buckets?

I didn't think about using the siphon to clean detris out. Looks like the bucket method is the easiest way to go. Thanks!
  7. P

How to do water changes in a Red Sea Max 250 without buckets?

I'm looking to buy a red sea max 250 and I want to make sure I have all the maintenance items covered before buying one. I have read that some people use pumps to do water changes with and don't need to haul waste water out the house with a bucket. With the red sea max 250 can I run a...
  8. P

Where to locate tank

My windows are those low e windows. I live in South Carolina. Sounds like I shouldn't worry about the sunlight then as long as the tank maintenance is done correctly.
  9. P

Where to locate tank

I'm looking at getting a red sea max 250 as my first tank and the only place in my house that it can go has 3 big windows that let afternoon sun in. I'm concerned about algae problems due to sunlight hitting the tank. Is this an issue I should be concerned with?
  10. P

Thanks for all the help. Looks like my best option is to get a ro/di unit.
  11. P

Thanks for the comments, what is a good RO/DI unit to check out? Also what kind of maintance is associated with a RO/DI unit? Just replace filters, etc?
  12. P

I'm still in the process of researching getting a salt water tank. I'm going to get a red sea max 250 when I have finished my research. I need to decide if I'm going to buy all my fresh water and salt water from the fist store which is 45 minutes from my house or make my own water. The fish...