Search results

1. D

HELP! Livestock question(s)?

Are the following fish compatible, and if so, in which order would you recommend introducing them (200+ gallon): Magestic Angel Powder Blue Tang Purple Tang Blue Jaw Trigger Thanks, TD Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

Green Star Polyps .... suggestions?????

Hi all, I have green star polyps that open, but very inconsistently. All other coral in the tank is in great shape. Any help or suggestions to get them to open more consistently will be greatly appreciated :-) Thanks, Todd
  3. D

Taking down a tank.....

My Red Sea Max 250 is up and running but it's time to break down my 28g HQI. Any recommendations on how to thoroughly clean it out?
  4. D

Dry Rock - Cycle

Hey everyone. Just curious if anyone has any experience cycling dry rock. It's been 17 days since start-up with 50lbs Marco Dry, approximately 10 lbs live rock out of my Nano Cube, and 60lbs dry argonite. There's been no true algae bloom like I've experienced with past tanks. The highest...
  5. D

Tank temp - 250 - Chiller install

Hi guys, Tank is running good......question about temp though: House temp is around 72 from 6 pm to 7 am. 78ish from 7 am to 6 pm. Just got done checking temp (all lights have been off since last night) and it was nearly 86! Is this normal? I've got the the 2 return pumps running. 1...
  6. D

Mico-air bubbles! Why?

Water levels are fine in both chambers; however the pump in the right chamber is blowing micro-air bubbles. How can I fix it?
  7. D

TJD's RSM 250

Tank is up and running as of last night. "Specs" and pictures coming soon.... Couple of questions: 1) The minimum water gage on the tank seems to fluctuate quite a bit even with the skimmer in a constant position. Could this be due to the MP10 being in reef crest / lagoon mode? 2)...
  8. D

Set-up questions.....

Hey everyone. I'm into set-up of my 250 and have a few questions: 1) Anyone NOT using the fans? Just wondering if I can use that opening for other mods if necessary. 2) Where did you or do you recommend putting the float sensor for my ATO? 3) Where did you or do you...
  9. D

Leak test.......

DONE! Good to go! One step closer....... Todd
  10. D

Here we go!

RSM 250 being delivered tomorrow. Wish me luck! Todd
  11. D

UV Sterilizer Questions

1. What sterilizer would each of you recommend? 2. Do I need to hook one up to each return pump or is one for the tank enough? Thanks, Todd
  12. D

Substrate

Only a few more days until the 250 arrives! How much substrate do you guys recommend laying? I don't plan on adding any fish that would need to burrow. Thanks, Todd
  13. D

ATO Question

Just ordered my 250 today and was wondering what type of containers people are using to hold the water for their ATOs.....I'd like for it to fit in the cabinet. Thanks in advance, Todd