Search results

1. Tokalosh

Max C-250 - T5 to LED Conversion

Well, it's been almost 3 months and all is looking good. I'm still not running them at 100% as I think I may do damage to my Duncans situated closer to the surface. I've also dialed the red and green to 0%. I feel there is more than enough red and green in the Cool White.
  2. Tokalosh

Well, the Hydra's have been running for a few months now and I'm really impressed. After the acclimation period of a month, I have now set up a schedule that works for my tank. I still can't run them at 100% as they are so bright that they upset my corals. The fact that you can control every...
  3. Tokalosh

After doing a lot of research and reading I decided to go down the LED road. I did not want to compromise my existing setup in case I wanted to revert back to T5, so I decided to go with a pair of Hydra HD 26's. http://www.aquaillumination.com/lighting/hydra/ These bad boys fit perfectly into...
  4. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Well I’m going to be a dad, and I’m so excited!! As you all know my tank took a dive toward the Marina Trench, but it’s slowly on the rise. Parameters are all back in check and have been double checked. The Bio Pearls I’m running in the reactor are doing wonders in reducing the side salad...
  5. Tokalosh

HELP! Refractometer Calibration Fluid Verification.

44 PPT = 1.0133 SG, OMG Ho did I not pick this up sooner!!!! Thanks for all the input guy, very much appreciated. I took my water to my LFS and asked them to chek it. The results were that my readings with my calibration fluid were +10 over. Turns out I've slowly been killing off my tank and...
  6. Tokalosh

Doing it this way takes the reading way below 0 PPT.
  7. Tokalosh

Is there a way to make sure your calibration fluid for your refractometer is still good? I calibrated my refractometer with RO to zero and then took a reading of my calibration fluid and got 45 PPT. Is this reading something to go by and does the fluid have a shelf life? I’ve had mine for...
  8. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Well, as promised updated pictures of my tank...... 03/12/2013 01/03/2014 05/02/2016 Thaks for all encouragement guy's. Tok
  9. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Well after reading Dan's thread I got to thinking of when last I actually tested the RO water I mix my salt in. My TDS meter on my RO unit reads 000 but I've never tested the water in my containers before I add the salt. Well, 058 was not what I was expecting!! It turns out there seems to be...
  10. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

I believe they can get as long as 3 meters and have been found at 2 meters in some tanks. Don't know about you but they give me the spooks every time I put my hands in my tank. Cheers Tok
  11. Tokalosh

Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Hi Dan I've just had the pleasure of reading your entire thread, and I'm a little lost for words. You have given me new hope and determination to get my tank back on track again, a job well-done mate. Your tank is stunning and I'm more impressed with your determination in solving what was...
  12. Tokalosh

Coral pro salt mixing

Alternatively, Jeff you could always go with Tropic Marine Pro that has none of these issues. I've been using it for over 5 years with no issues whatsoever. Tok
  13. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Tank Crash Update Well its been an ongoing battle ever since my tank took a nose dive towards the Marina Trench. It's hard on one’s self to see what was an award winning display now looking like the Ganges. Still I Rise….. I’ll have my tank looking better than before in no time. It’s hard but...
  14. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

15. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

As far as I know, to protect the magnet from corrosion and to strengthen the brittle magnet material, it is usually preferable for the magnet to be coated. There are a variety of options for coatings, but nickel is the most common and usually preferred. Nickel plated magnets are actually triple...
  16. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Thanks for the info Danreef, as you can see from the picture of the impeller below, my SPS's had no chance against that much copper. I do think it's a good skimmer and up until now has not let me down. My main concern now is that my spare impeller which is also the black type is not going to...
  17. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Well after a BIG tank crash and many months of going round in circles I finally found the culprit.... Who would have guessed that this sort of thing could wipe out what was once a great looking tank!! Believe it or not, the skimmer was still working like a charm and has never given me any...
  18. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Gary, if I were shooting film I think I would be very bankrupt by now. An't digital a wonderful thing?
  19. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Thanks GTBlacklce, I'm currently using the following setup.... Very clean glass, inside and out. Canon D400 Canon EFS 18-55mm lens Close up +4 filter So the above pictures were shot with theses settings. ISO: 1600, 55mm, f5.6, 1/125 sec. Oh and LOTS of patience.. Tok
  20. Tokalosh

Tok's RSM 250

Thanks funkoid, I'm using the following to keep my glass clean, http://www.flippercleaner.com/ Tok