Search results

1. B

rbta closed

I know that this is usually the case, where the nem sting is stronger, however i know the rbta has one of the weakest stings out of nems. So you may absolutely be right that the nem sting is still stronger, just wasn't sure if a nem just put into a system (shocked) would have problems with...
  2. B

Shutting down sale

I may be interested in a decent amount of what your selling, the caps, the acans, the birdsnest, possibly the clam, and possibly one of the nems. Pics please?
  3. B

Japanese Rhizo Coral For Sale ~~~~~~~~RARE~~~~~~~~~~ 30+ LPS for sale

For those of you reluctant to go to his photobucket.... DO SO! There are some really beautiful corals there! Sorry, wish i could afford some of what you have to offer! Good luck selling!
  4. B

New BTA looks good during day but shrivels at night

mine does this also, it gets about 4x bigger during the day then at night it expells everything again and shrivels at night! He's been doing this for the last month and it seems to only be getting healthier!
  5. B

rbta closed

how close is that frogspawn to it? is it possible your frogspawn is stinging your nem?
  6. B

Trickle filter sump?

i really appreciate your feedback, i'm definitely going to think about what i'm going to do with this trickle filter before i put it on my tank. (definitely considering converting it over into a refugium of some kind! OR maybe i'll put it up for sale and buy something a little easier. So thanks...
  7. B

Eddie's First Growing Reef 55ga

Lol i'm being patient with them, i'm just excited to see some kind of interaction! They've been great so far so I'll give them time to warm up to the playing in those. Hey by the way do you have any troubles with your lawnmower blenny picking at corals? i saw they may nip at some SPS, and their...
  8. B

Thanks, ya it seems to be growing well, just picked up my last coral for a while (an ultra green hammer), i want to let everything grow for a while before getting anything else. Now i'm just going to probably get a lawnmower blenny and maybe a diamond goby, while working on getting my refugium...
  9. B

How's it going? I wanted to put up some pictures and see what kind of feedback I get regarding suggestions/etc. regarding how my tank is set up and things to watch out for, etc. SO any and all input will be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance! Equiptment Standard 55ga tank 1 1050gph...
  10. B

Trickle filter sump?

Goals for my tank include finish converting it into a reef tank. Also will a trickle filter allow for copepods to grow? I'm thinking no, but i haven't even seen one set up yet, so I could have a complete different idea on what this thing looks like when its set up and running.
  11. B

Trickle filter sump?

I just found this trickle filter sump locally from someone and I wasn't exactly sure what it was until after i got it home, it was a great deal for all that it included. So my question's start with, is this type of sump good/efficient to use? Positives/negatives... If not, i'm not afraid to...
  12. B

Potential stings and poisons in our reef tanks!!

Thanks for posting it was definitely worth watching! I made some mental notes!
  13. B

fishtank and stand for sale!!!!

i did the math on the top one for you and it should be a 120ga...
  14. B

Perspective Coral and Lighting Needs

I actually ended up going with a 4 bulb i found on amazon that's a catalina aquariums fixure, 48" with the legs splash guard and moonlights for 179! Thanks for everyone's input! i had a few people tell me that catalina was a decent fixture for the price and i happened to find one with everything...
  15. B

looking forward to...

Thanks! I did read the same thing about the nems, about 3-4 hours plus on it recently... wow this hobby is going to make my head explode... and i've decided to wait, and at which point i'll make an assessment depending on the coral i have in the tank at the time, if its worth getting a nem or...
  16. B

looking forward to...

I have started looking into the Aquafuge, not sure if i want to do the hang on or just do the fuge underneath. I have about 30lbs of live rock if i'm not mistaken, and no the tank has never had anything like that in it. I currently have snails, an emerald crab hitch hiker, hermit crabs, and...
  17. B

looking forward to...

Thanks eric, i appreciate the info. I am looking into the catalina aquarium t5's and i guess i'm not sure if i should go with 4 or 6 bulbs? I'm planning on keeping hammers, frog spawns, zoas, maybe a couple mushrooms, and some other LPS in the future, with a possibility of a BTA. What do you...
  18. B

Perspective Coral and Lighting Needs

HO? or VHO? HO as in 54 watt at 48 inches? or as in 64 watt at 48 inches? or is there something i haven't come across yet? Also i did a bunch of searching last night and found a 6bulb fixture (Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 6X54 Watt, 48 inch) and was wondering if i...