Search results

1. F

Coralife 65 performance bubble return and silencer upgrade!

What you will need: 1 x 3/4 inch elbow 1 x 1 inch elbow 1 x 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch x 1/2 inch T connector 1 x 1 foot air tubing Attach at least 1 foot of nylon tubing to the end of the silencer. Make sure to cut the very end of the tubing at an angle (not the end connected to the silencer)...
  2. F

Total overrun pest infestation, advice?

I've never had an aiptasia come back after injecting it with aiptasia x. They will sometimes survive if you smother them with it instead of injecting the animal, but I learned they won't survive the direct injection.
  3. F

TONS of very tiny aiptasia!!!

Throw a couple peppermint shrimp in there. They tend to eat smaller aiptasia. For the larger ones, inject them with aiptasia x or similar product.
  4. F

Lighting question.

You may want to check with a par meter to be certain, but I would say too much light. If you're cracking out 300+ par, that's just too much for almost anything. I would use the t5HO or the LEDs. The other option is just the 2x MH, but you're looking at a serious energy bill and you may want to...
  5. F

Aquarium stands

Fish & Aquarium Stands Aquarium Stands - Fish Tank Stands and Aquarium Furniture from PETCO.com Fish Tank Stands and Other Aquarium Furniture | PetSmart I guarantee you, you will end up assembling this to some extent, but everything is precisely measured and will save you time. I would look...
  6. F

you dont see this everyday!

I bought one of these at the LFS. Unfortunately it died, but they are partial filter feeder, photosynthesis, and maybe barnacle and sponge eater.
  7. F

need some lighting help

You could start off with two dual aquatic life fixtures linked together. When you save the extra 130 dollars and you think you need two more bulbs, you can add a third fixture and it won't look cheesy. Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures
  8. F

PH and Alkaline issues in tank

Its difficult to buffer for a small tank. You may want to just buy pre-buffered sea water for that small of a tank. If you're using ro/di, you may want to pre-buffer it in a bucket as an alternative, but complicated for just a 5-gal.
  9. F

Looking for the perfect HQI + T5 Bulb combination

I would go with a 10-20,000k hqi, and either all blue or all purple actinics.
  10. F

Buying new lights...help?

I would either suggest ecoxotic panorama modules or the fishneedit LED. The marineland reef capable is good for softies and LPS at best.
  11. F

Phosban in a new setup

Starting phosphate media prevents the phosphate problems early on. +1
  12. F

RODI water = 0.35 ppm phosphate ?

The DI resin is not used up unless its gold amber. If the membrane went bad, you would be getting improper ratios of waste to product.
  13. F

Time for a skimmer?

The super skimmer works great. I'm using the coralife 65 and have never had a problem with it. Its quiet enough to sleep next to, and pulls out alot of dark junk. I know the 220's are much better than the 65 and all the super skimmers are really tall, so may want to take measurements. It can go...
  14. F

Fishneedit.com

The LED was getting roughly 100 par at 2 feet which is pretty good. I'm pretty convinced its one of the best designs out there I've seen. Would never use a 150w halide over this.
  15. F

Caulerpa taking over my tank! Help!

Running phosphate media will kill most of it along with manual removal.