Search results

1. jfenton954

Algae on tips of sps

Hi I got home from work yesterday to see brown algae on my blue acro. It's in high light at top of tank with high flow. The polyps don't come out anymore I've noticed. Not sure if that's good or not I'm guessing not but not sure. Nitrate 0 Amm: 0 Phos: 0 Alk : 7 PH: 7.8 Cal...
  2. jfenton954

Clowns breeding now eggs gone????

Do clown fish eat their own eggs? My ossilarus clowns laid eggs and I left and came home and now their gone. Their very protective of their area could another fish in my tank of ate them?
  3. jfenton954

Worm question?

I seen this worm like thing and it looked like it had its mouth open. Is this a bad worm or ok?
  4. jfenton954

Green Birds nest question

I just got this green birds nest coral. It's the only hard coral(sps or lps) in my 75g tank right now. I have a reef breeder photon light that doesn't go above 50%. I just did a 20% water change and all the parameters are good. When I first got it the polyps stuck out further even at the lfs. So...
  5. jfenton954

Foxface and Juvenile Orange Shoulder Tang

I've watched these two fish in my tank and it looked like they popped out rocks....???? Then I notice them eating the sand covered in algae. Is that ok or normal?
  6. jfenton954

New Zoa's closed

Hi I got a new frag of zoa's at a lfs and they were open and very nice. When I brought them home I put them in my tank about medium height in the tank. There was a small power head gently pushing water to them far away and only two would open so after a week I moved them a little lower and a...
  7. jfenton954

Green chromis sick

Hi I just ordered 12 chromis and 2 purple fire fish and 1 red fairy wrasse. The wrasse and fire fish are doing good the chromis are dying slowly I've lost 4 and one is laying on the bottom now. I just got them Tuesday drip acclimated them 4+ hours to my hypo-salinity qt tank 1.009. They seem to...
  8. jfenton954

Worm I.D. Help

Not sure what this worm is? Is it bad or ok?
  9. jfenton954

Light brown spots

Hi I just got this young orange shoulder tang and she is in my 40g quarantine tank. She's been eating algae very great twice a day. She's been in there for about two weeks now and I just noticed the spots this morning. The tank is a hypo-salinity tank at 1.017. I do that cause the medications...
  10. jfenton954

Sick foxface please help!

I got a foxface rabbit fish about 6 weeks ago and have it in a 29 gallon quarantine tank ever since I got him. I keep the salinity at 1.015 to help kill any saltwater diseases. But I noticed that his tail fin keeps deteriorating slowly so I thought he had fin rot, his fins are slightly red on...
  11. jfenton954

Male Watanabe Angel Trade

Hi I have a male Watanabe angel for trade. I had 1 male and 2 females but it seems like one of the females is changing to a male not sure why I read that only happens when the male dies... Would like to trade for a chevron tang. Here are two pics. First is my fully changed male. Second is the...
  12. jfenton954

White stuff on angel fish??

I have 3 Watanabe angels in a qt tank an one of them has white spots on her fins it doesn't look like ick?? Does anyone know?
  13. jfenton954

Anemone Question?

My rose bubble anemone disappeared for a week or two so when I investigated it........ It looked like he was dying under this rock with a cave shape. So I flipped it over now there is two one looks healthy and one doesn't. Neither one will eat does this look bad??
  14. jfenton954

Yellow tang rubbing on rocks

My yellow tang is rubbing on the rocks in my tank. There is no sign of ich...... All of the other fish seem fine also. He's rubbing so much it looks like there is redish irritation spots on his side. Has any one seen this?
  15. jfenton954

Fin Rot

Can I treat fin rot in my main reef tank? My Mandiran had it plus in a qt he won't have food? No other fish seem to have it.
  16. jfenton954

Color on my Ultra Maxima Clam??

My ultra maxima clam isn't as bright as it use to be. It use to be a bright teal now it is a dull blue. Its been in my tank for 3 1/2 months. I do a 10% water change every week. Not that many corals in my tank. It's under 2 x 250w mh 4 x 54w t5 actinics in a 75g tank. What would cause the color...
  17. jfenton954

Sand sifting star question?

I have a 75g reef tank with a small sand sifting star fish. He's not getting to all of the sand bed before it starts turning green is it ok to add more than one?
  18. jfenton954

Please help hydroid problem!!!!

I noticed 4 to 5 different groups of hydroids in my tank. I can't get to most of them unless I tear my tank apart which I don't want to do :(. There is about 160 to 175 lbs of live rock in my 75g tank. I heard some one say something about peppermint shrimp eating them but I have two of them an...
  19. jfenton954

Plant like growth on rock??

Does anyone know what this plant like stuff is growing on my rock? It is growing around some of my zoa's and I don't know if it will harm them I pulled them off once already and it grew back. Is it good or bad? --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.445539,-77.924737
  20. jfenton954

No clue???????

I have no idea what this thing is?? It's soft and 4 or 5 are growing in my tank. Is it harmful? --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.445418,-77.924792