Search results

1. T

T-Hutchs RSM 130

-6 Month Update-
  2. T

Leaving RSM 130 for 7 days..... Question

I am leaving on a cruise tomorrow and I will be gone for 8 days. I have left my mother in charge of feeding and have not been able to teach my pops how to clean the white filter floss. Would it be ok to take the filter floss out and just leave the black sponge for the time being. This...
  3. T

Ato sensor

Can it run off of 24 V AC?
  4. T

T-Hutchs RSM 130

I currently have 3 turbo snails for a CUC. How many more turbos do you guys think I should get? And what else an Emerald crab?
  5. T

T-Hutchs RSM 130

No its not aptaisa, its a random Zoa in the middle... Good EYE
  6. T

T-Hutchs RSM 130

Tank Update 3-10-2011 Added - 3 different frags = colony of orange zoanthids, blue ricordea, frogspawn. = $30 1 tank raised ocellaris clownfish = $10
  7. T

Ato sensor

Ok so One side of the extension cord to one side of the relay both wires of the dc converter one side of the relay Then how do you wire in the float switch>?
  8. T

Ato sensor

Maybe that's why they are getting stuck open... How to you take the two sensor wires and turn them into dc voltage?
  9. T

Ato sensor

I am attempting to make an auto top off. I have used three DIFFERENT float switches, all of which work for one second and then get stuck shut allowing 120v to the pump. I used the simple method of cutting a the extension cord and wiring the float switch on one side of the wire... Once I use a...
  10. T

Taking skimmer out

Nope no adjustment... There was a lot of sludge on the inside neck before I cleaned it. I thought since it only collected about 1/8 of an inch I shouldn't have to clean it but maybe that was preventing it from skimming. We shall see.
  11. T

Taking skimmer out

there is no o-ring or neck adjustment. I did clean out the tubing and I will run it wide open.
  12. T

Taking skimmer out

Glenn- Cleaned up the skimmer like advised... I'm not sure what you mean by setting the neck height.. I only have a skimmer and a collection cup with lid. Am I missing something? Also Am I supposed to run it wide open? Water level right at or barley below bottom of black arm.
  13. T

Taking skimmer out

130, bought it used, and purchased the surface adjustable skimmer a week ago.
  14. T

Taking skimmer out

Yeah, maybe mine just is not "broken in" yet. It hasn't collected anything in the one month I have had the tank set up.. I mess with it every day and am getting irritated with it... Glenn- Do you have the special filter comb on your tank? If so, I purchased one a week a go and the plastic is...
  15. T

Taking skimmer out

I am thinking about taking my stock skimmer out of my 130. Is there anything else to put there to help the tank besides another skimmer? : I may be putting an ATO sensor there..... Do you think taking the skimmer out will lessen the water fluctuation from the filter getting caked up?
  16. T

Filter sponge and floss

Glenn- Where would you place a sensor for an ATO on the 130? I think it might have to go in the main tank because of floss getting clogged.... http://www.reeffanatic.com/products/float-switch-and-level-control/ct_rflc.pdf
  17. T

auto top off

So where would you put the ATO sensor in the the 130? I purchased this ato sensor and Im not sure where to put it because of the floss issues.... Reef Fanatic Float Switch Kit
  18. T

Filter sponge and floss

Glen- So cut the black until there is 1/3 left or 2/3 ? Only need to rinse the white every few days or both the black and white What is the name of the white/blue for big sheets..... Filter Floss? THANKS!
  19. T

Filter sponge and floss

Tricky, Is this why some people cut the black sponge in half? SO clean every 3-4 days and replace how often.....?