Search results

1. G

Red Sea Max 250 cooling fan

The double cooling fan(s) on the back wall have died. It's an old tank. The part number is RDL6015S. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement part in the US or has anyone found a way to modify this using other fans?
  2. G

Surface film

I have a RSM 250. Recently, I started feeding ReefRoids and homemade phytoplankton. Now I have a brown film on the water's surface that skimming does not remove. I have a powerhead directed at the surface for more agitation, and I occasionally lift it with saran wrap, but I'm looking for a...
  3. G

LED light for RSM 250

I upgraded the light in my old RSM 250 hood with a Reef Breeders Photon 32-V2 light fixture, and I love it! Installation was pretty easy, just take the hood apart, remove the old fixture and wiring, and with a few simple modifications, it fits in the space very nicely. I've been looking for a...
  4. G

RSM 250 Pump 1

Pump 1 no longer works, and I need a replacement. Other than the Red Sea brand, what other pump fits into that back chamber? I'm considering the Sicce Syncra 568 gph pump. Has anyone else tried this?
  5. G

RSM 250 pump noise

After many years, my RSM 250 Pump #1 has started making a humming noise. I have cleaned it and made sure it is not touching the tank side. Do I need a new impeller? If so, does anyone know the model number? It is the original pump. Thanks.
  6. G

WTB RSM 250 hood

Looking for a RSM 250 hood with T5 lights, preferably black.
  7. G

Help with T5 and led combination

I need advice on creating a T5 with led combination retrofit for my RSM 250. Ideally, I would like to have two T5 bulbs and the rest of my lighting as leds. Currently my hood is retrofitted with a DIY led kit, but I miss the T5's. I have the parts that were removed and would like to use them...
  8. G

Need a part for my hose

Where can I buy a hose barb elbow for my RSM 250? It's the elbow that connects the pump tube to the deflector on the inside of the tank. Nothing at the hardware store seems to be threaded the same way. I bought this tank used, and have it operating with the tube just sticking through the hole...
  9. G

Lighting on 250

Quick question. I am looking into upgrading my 130 to the 250. Does the 250 allow you to turn on the actinics separately from the daylights? I like to run the acticnics longer, and this is one thing I don't like about my 130. It's all or nothing on the lights.
  10. G

WTB Stock Skimmer or Tunze?

Hi, I recently purchased a used RSM 130 that is missing the skimmer. Does anyone who upgraded their skimmer still have the original to sell? I will only have a clown or two in the tank with my corals so I don't think I need a powerful skimmer. However, if I cannot find the stock skimmer...