Search results

1. ShellB

Quentin and Shell's JBJ 28

Just made the executive decision....we're completely starting over. After attempting to clean out the tank the smell of dead snail and the over abundance of algae made us question whether we should just clean what we could or if we wanted to start back from scratch. There really was nothing to...
  2. ShellB

Is Chuck in danger?

Hey everyone, all updates on Chuck will now be in our freshwater thread. The babies were feeling quite photogenic this morning so I snapped a few shots and posted them in our freshwater thread. If you want to check them out...
  3. ShellB

Q's Freshwater 75

Chuck is on his way to his own tank and will be recieving treatment before the end of the night :) I took a couple of pictures of the babies this morning. Enjoy! Ginger... Captain Jack, Ginger and Mr. Pleco... Captain Jack, Ginger and our dirty glass...:smack: Back of tank...
  4. ShellB

Is Chuck in danger?

Thanks everyone! We're going to be QTing Chuck tomorrow in our little ten gallon tank, that way we won't be running the carbon. We're going to start with doses of Melafix and see if that dose anything. After that we're thinking of doing a fungal treatment as well. Quentin was excited because...
  5. ShellB

Is Chuck in danger?

Thanks! I sent Quentin out to get the goods and hopefully Chuck is on the road to recovery soon! :)
  6. ShellB

Is Chuck in danger?

Hello Everyone! First I want to say that I know this is more the salt water area of the forum but I wasn't sure where else I could go. We did some searching on other sites for what Chuck could have but nothing seemed quite right. We were hoping that the amazing minds of RS might be able...
  7. ShellB

Q's Freshwater 75

Sick Fish? How can we help Chuck?! Hello Everyone! Our freshwater tank has survived a whole lot better than the salt water. It has been survival of the fittest but we somewhat expected that when we filled it with cichlids. Currently our tank is filled with Ginger (a hot tempered Blood...
  8. ShellB

Sorry about the lack of pictures, we just left for our spring break vacation and I wasn't able to snap a few shots between school and work before our trip. But now we are relaxing in Council Bluffs Iowa. We visited the Bass Pro Shop here today and we were able to see a 1200 gallon tank. It...
  9. ShellB

Hello Again Everyone! After a long four month hiatus we're back! We've been struggling with a lot of problems and to be quite honest a lot of death and destruction happening in our tank. We've lost Pierre; we're not sure what really happened to him. One day he was doing fine and then...
  10. ShellB

Thanks everyone! We're pretty happy about all the progress that's been going on inside our little ocean!
  11. ShellB

Picture Time! :) Front... Left... Right... Pierre... Leather Coral...It's grown quite a bit! Some snailies and the rocks... Fiske didn't want to come out for pictures but I heard him clicking while I was taking the pictures. Hopefully he...
  12. ShellB

Hey Everyone! whew, it's been awhile! Well since we've last been on we've traveled to Canada's South Coast, visited our families in the Midwest and spent some time working on our tanks. It's been a busy couple of months with school starting back up, internships and work. We are slowly...
  13. ShellB

Happy Birthday Reefmack !

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fantabulous day! :dance:
  14. ShellB

We're back....and I brought pictures! :) We got our new little friend last Monday and since then he's made himself at home. He finds the weirdest places to hide and I think that he purposely plays hide and seek with us just to test how quick we can find him. We were a little worried about...
  15. ShellB

With careful consideration and my expert impulse buying we brought home a new fish today! There were two Lawnmower Blenny's begging to be bought at our LFS. I picked out the cute one and we brought him home with us. Hopefully our new little friend can help with the HA (which has been getting...
  16. ShellB

Hello Reef Sanctuary

Good looking tank! :)
  17. ShellB

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! :)
  18. ShellB

OT, This Is Horrible!!!! I cannot believe it's on the web!!!

First Name: Richelle Country: USA Pets: The two tanks of fish and my kitty Neptune, sadly Neptune is at home with my parents because she would never be happy in North Dakota Fav Colour: Anything that sparkles Music Genre: I'm not to picky Movie Genre: Action, Comedy, Suspense but...
  19. ShellB

Thanks guys! Hopefully now with school being out we'll be able to spend more time on the tank. :)
  20. ShellB

I was able to take some time today to take a couple, ok a lot, of pictures of the tank. Every time I pick up the camera I get a little click happy. Oh well :) Enjoy! Tweedledee posing for the camera... Spying on Pierre through the rock... Pierre... Snail...